Who do we realistically want in January sales?

I know a lot of us, myself included are normally adverse to signing SPL players, but I think both Andy Driver and Christoph Berra from Hertz would be shrewd acquisitions. Driver is getting better all the time, apparently he terrorised the bheggars at the weekend there. He might sort out the problem LM position since WS seems incapable of playing Aaron, who may be the better player given time, but hey we'll never know will we?

I'd like to get Tonel in at the back, but like I said on some other thread, we won't get near him in Jan since Sporting qualified for the last 16 in the CL.

I'm also praying we can get rid of at least a portion of the clutch of deadwood we always seem to be carrying.:rfc:

Yip Tonel and Berra would be nice.

McCartney from Sunderland?? Would be a good signing for LB. Wages might be a problem.

A right back would be good also. Surely there is a few bargains out in the Dutch or German leagues. Pete????

We have to move a few out first.

I would take both Hearts players as they would improve the team and we know both of them can cut it in the SPL. No risk like bringing in a guy from abroad.

Tonel is heavily linked though, as stated, would be difficult with them having CL football.

Yip Tonel and Berra would be nice.

McCartney from Sunderland?? Would be a good signing for LB. Wages might be a problem.

A right back would be good also. Surely there is a few bargains out in the Dutch or German leagues. Pete????

Sorry Gribz, I'm afraid that the Dutch/German League players would require some semblance of a scouting network to identify. Since we're out of Europe this year we won't be "unearthing" any gems.

Affelay from PSV or Aissati from Ajax (i think) would be cracking piece of business for around 4-5M tho, in the mould of GVB that you would always be able to move on for a profit, highly rated in Holland.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5IprXK0hzA&feature=related]YouTube - Ibrahim Afellay[/ame] (bollocks footage till about 1 minute in)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKlc135IL4Q&feature=related]YouTube - PSV-Real madid goal Aisatti[/ame]

Edited by Yieldshields loyal

Realistically I don't think that we can afford anyone.

I believe we may be in the situation where we can't push the boat out for anyone as we don't have the facility at the bank for any more cash.

It could be that it's not that we don't want to push the boat out, but more that fact that we can't.

Just popped out to the newsagent there and had a wee look at the back of the Sun. Says we are looking to get both Driver and Berra, dependant on us getting rid of some deadwood.

I know they talk shite but I was nevertheless pleasantly surprised given they were the same two players I mentioned at the start of the thread. Freaky coincidence or tabloid bullshit? Either way it shows that I should really be managing Rangers;)

Edited by Cotter