Who do we realistically want in January sales?

Would go for Kingston of hearts , Rob Jones of Hibs for a big solid CB or Berra

like Driver too so would be pleased if we got him,

Celtic are snapping up a lot of promising young players this week and seem too have the edge over us in this dept , what do our scouts actually do ????

who was the last promising talent they spotted to sign on at Ibrox ??

Celtic are snapping up a lot of promising young players this week and seem too have the edge over us in this dept , what do our scouts actually do ????

who was the last promising talent they spotted to sign on at Ibrox ??

I am not quite as convinced that these "promising youngsters" are what they are being made out to be. Paddy McCourt anyone ?

Sure, they could turn out to be great players but the signs aren't really there so far as I can see.

Even if they were we have "promising youngsters" of our own who look every bit as good as any of those signed by Celtic. John Fleck anyone ?

I am not quite as convinced that these "promising youngsters" are what they are being made out to be. Paddy McCourt anyone ?

Sure, they could turn out to be great players but the signs aren't really there so far as I can see.

Even if they were we have "promising youngsters" of our own who look every bit as good as any of those signed by Celtic. John Fleck anyone ?

True - but youth doesnt get a chance at Ibrox so its a viscious circle.

Our scouts are shite. Infact, do we have scouts?

I'd take no one from the SPL. Players like Berra and Driver just don't appeal to me.

Normally I agree. Only Scott Brown and Craig Gordon have appealed to me in recent years, but I like Berra. His 2 performances against us and Celtic recently would make him a far better choice than our other options.

Normally I agree. Only Scott Brown and Craig Gordon have appealed to me in recent years, but I like Berra. His 2 performances against us and Celtic recently would make him a far better choice than our other options.

As soon as we show any interest, no doubt Romanov will slap a �£4-5 million price tag on him :wanker:.

As soon as we show any interest, no doubt Romanov will slap a �£4-5 million price tag on him :wanker:.

Which to be fair he is intitled to do. I wish we would do the same to some of our fringe players. They dont make the grade with us so we let them go for nowt.

I remeber after the misery of losing out at the last minute in the league to them, that Walter Smith said he would add "flair" to the squad.

I have looked out for that eversince because i happened to say that we needed it before last season and i think i was proved correct given the 'Hammer House of Horror football' Rangers sometimes played.

So, it has driven me mad that he still hasn't. The nearest i thought he got to it was the loan signing of Aaron. But that in a way does'nt count because he never plays the wee man.:brick:

I think he would argue that Pedro Mendes is part of that, but i think he is a good player but not a "flair" player.

So, since Rangers do have the funds to shell out �£4m for Kyle Lafferty, why couldn't they do that for a genuinly gifted player like a Brazillian or Argentinain youth player. That way we would be guaranteed to at least double the boys transfer fee aswell as see some nice skill for a change.

Cristophe Berra wouldn't go a miss, a future Scotland player, McCulloch was really badly caught out against Utd last weekend, I thought at first it might be a good idea but now I'm not so sure. Keep going big Dave Weir, just keep going big man......lol