Who do we realistically want in January sales?

Affelay is way out of our price range and being tipped as going to Man. City.

Aissati has just arrived at Ajax and been injured most of the time.

The player i would be going for in Holland at the moment is Eljero Elia. a left winger who also defends in 4-3-3. The guy is brilliant and still only 21.

I fear we may now be too late though as his form against Man City has wakened the EPL clubs up about him.

A clutch of Premier League clubs are ready to bid for Dutch winger Eljero Elia in January, skysports.com understands.

The 21-year-old is currently starring for Steve McClaren's FC Twente in the Eredivisie.

A host of English clubs took the opportunity to check on Elia last week when he travelled to England to play in the Uefa Cup game at Manchester City.

The left winger did not disappoint as he scored the opening goal, although he ended up on the losing side as City claimed a 3-2 win.

Elia, who can play as a forward but is normally found out wide, is now attracting keen interest from England - which is where the player himself is known to desire a move to.

Indeed when Valencia came calling in the summer, it is believed the player himself stated he would rather move to England.

Now skysports.com understand that Hull, Blackburn, Everton and also Manchester City - who were very impressed by Elia's display against them, are keeping tabs on him.

A January move is now being closely looked at and although Elia has over two years left on his current deal - it is not believed that Twente would price him out of a transfer.

Luke Wilkshire was transfered to Moscow Dynamo in the summer I would be interested in him. RB

Stam for FC Twente (RB) has been excellent this season.

Radio Clyde have us linked with Martin Stranzl from Spartak Moscow - they are quoting a loan deal until the summer with a view to a permenant deal - take all these rumours with a huge pinch of salt....

Cammy F

I have been thinking about the whole loan thing a bit and, to me, it makes PERFECT sense to get players in on loan with a view to permanent, so long as you tie down the transfer fee and there is no flexibility from the seller's perspective.

Some of the advantages :

1. You get a player with zero transfer fee now

2. You get to see whether he would adapt to the Scottish game

3. His transfer fee is set

4. If he doesnt work out then you dont buy him

The only real disadvantage I see is that if he doesnt work out then we have paid his wage and gotten not much for it. And perhaps that loan players are often not the best players to enhance a squad.

Am I mising something ?

Any info on him Cammy?

I'm sure that the MOPES were interested in him pre-season - link below to a story linking Rangers with him from the sportinglife and some info from wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Stranzl

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/12/18/SOCCER_Rangers_Stranzl.html&TEAMHD=scotspremiership

Cammy F