STEVEN DAVIS believes there is more to come from both him and his team mates as they prepare to finish 2008 with two home games against Hibs and Celtic.

Steven DavisDavis has arguably been Walter Smith's most consistent performer since signing a permanent deal with the club back in August.

But he feels there is still another level for him to reach as he comes to the end of a rollercoaster first year with Rangers.

He said: "Overall I'm happy with how things are going although I know there is still a lot of room for improvement both personally and for us as a team.

"We've made a decent start to the season albeit with a couple of slip ups where we would have liked to collect points that we dropped.

"If we can iron that out I think we can look forward to another very successful season.

"I like to think there's more to come from me too. I think no matter what age you are you can still improve as a player.

Steven Davis celebrates scoring"There are always new things to pick up from different managers and different players in the squad so it's been good to come here and learn from some top midfielders.

"In Barry, Pedro and Kevin Thomson we have some top class players and if you can take different aspects from their games it can only help you develop as a player."

The Northern Ireland international has added goals to his game this season and trails only Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller in the club's scoring charts after strikes against Motherwell, Dundee Utd, St Mirren and Hamilton.

"This year we've all got a bit more licence to get forward with the way the team is playing this season," added Davis. "The change in the mentality of the whole team and the way the manager wants us to play has helped me get goals.

"It's a side of the game I enjoy and hopefully I can continue to add a few goals between now and the end of the season."

Well, who do they think they're talking to? My 14 month old wee lassie wouldn't buy the crap these senior players are shovelling to us.

There's only so much 'we need to play better', 'we can't afford to lose more points' and 'I'm still unfit so it's not my fault' nonsense one can take.

How about a bit of honesty for once? 'We've been crap, it's unacceptable, we're sorry, here, why don't you take half my weekly wage and pay for some away fans' travel this weekend to make up for it'? Now that would be worth a bit of respect.

It's a mighty big room...

Enough patronising talk - more action please!

Here here. :notworthy:

The players need to learn to shut their trap and do their talking on the pitch. The constant drivel that comes out their mouths is embarrassing. You're spot on Frankie, who do they think they're talking to, 1 year olds?

A player came out and said the same sort of things about 3 weeks ago after the Hearts defeat.

Makes me cringe reading it.

I think they take turns to pick up a pre-written A4 from the front desk and read it out. They all say the same drivel. Just the names of the team we have to play or have played, changes.

As has been said,"Show it on the pitch."

Last season was the same regarding a lot of criticism towards the team, quite rightly so in some respect, however we nearly pulled of the unthinkable quadruple.

My question is, with the season not even at the half way point, do you not think it is possible for this team to improve ?, I do. Also, do you think we are playing a better style of football this season compared to last season ?, I do.

What I do agree on is the pish that comes from the players in interviews, nothing new there though as I can't remember listening to many good interviews by the players it only seems better some times when we are winning, but when we are so desperate to win the SPL a lot of frustration boils over.

Will we win the title back this season, I believe so.

Well, who do they think they're talking to? My 14 month old wee lassie wouldn't buy the crap these senior players are shovelling to us.

There's only so much 'we need to play better', 'we can't afford to lose more points' and 'I'm still unfit so it's not my fault' nonsense one can take.

How about a bit of honesty for once? 'We've been crap, it's unacceptable, we're sorry, here, why don't you take half my weekly wage and pay for some away fans' travel this weekend to make up for it'? Now that would be worth a bit of respect.

You have nailed it perfectly. Somewhere at Murray Park must be a rota on a wall telling them whose turn it is next to say the weasel words.