By Andrew Dickson

WALTER SMITH has refused to reveal whether he intends to start Kris Boyd in this weekend's Old Firm derby with Celtic.

Kris Boyd celebrates his 150th club goalThe Rangers striker is in excellent form just now and after 18 goals so far this season, his confidence is as high as ever.

His return against the Parkhead side over the years is the one thing which has let him down and he has just one career goal against them to his credit.

That came in a 2-0 win at the end of the 2006/07 season but he hasn't featured in any of the five derbies since then.

He has often been left out because of his poor workrate but that has improved considerably in recent months.

As such, Smith now must decide whether to use the potent hitman and insists he'll not make his verdict known until the day of the game.

He said: "Kris is doing very well for us at the moment. He is the leading scorer in Scotland by far and his return has been very good.

"He has always scored goals and there has always been consistency in that respect but this season he has been working hard for the team as well.Kris Boyd

"I think Kris has tried to add a little bit more to his game than he has done previously. In the past, he has relied solely on his goals but he has added to that.

"The good thing is he has shown that hasn't taken away from his talents as a striker and that has been the most important aspect.

"I haven't included Kris in a lot of games before and whether he starts at the weekend, you'll need to wait and see.

"It is always difficult to leave Kris Boyd out of your team because he is a natural goalscorer.

"It was difficult all the way through last season but that's why we are here. It's our job to make difficult decisions sometimes."

Ouch...if Boyd doesnt start on Saturday I'll be scared of SAlly, Jonc and Johnnyk's reactions :P

But surely he will play him, we shouldnt change to a 4-5-1 for this game, we are capable if winning it with 4-4-2.

Ouch...if Boyd doesnt start on Saturday I'll be scared of SAlly, Jonc and Johnnyk's reactions :P

But surely he will play him, we shouldnt change to a 4-5-1 for this game, we are capable if winning it with 4-4-2.

It's all mind games. Boyd will be one of the first names on the teamsheet. We definitely can beat them with 4-4-2 and we are the home team so should be going for the jugular !

Boyd will play. He may not play 4-4-2 but pull Miller wider to go 4-5-1.

I just hope we go for the same tactics as last season and don't give them an inch in midfield. 3-0 will suit me again.