Personally i think that is why Nacho is being offered up, so we can bring in a central defender. Sheils if true will not cost as much and he will be on a lesser wage.

Not sure I agree Pete. Nacho wont be on that great a wage although I agree Shiels will cost less.

I dont think Nacho is necessarily being offered up - his contract is up at the end of the season so can sign a pre-contract in Jan.

What saddens me is that we have a bunch of wasters in our team - some guys who have real talent but dont channel it properly. I am utterly convinced that if they had the hunger, drive and enthusiasm of Novo then we would be top of the league. The wee man wears his heart on his sleeve and would bleed for this club - yet he is one of those that looks like he could be headed out the door. Players of his ilk used to be players we would do our damnedest to keep hold of but now, sadly, we are losing them. Sure, he isnt the most talented player in the world but he leaves nothing on the pitch - and we could do with a bunch more players like him !

What saddens me is that we have a bunch of wasters in our team - some guys who have real talent but dont channel it properly. I am utterly convinced that if they had the hunger, drive and enthusiasm of Novo then we would be top of the league. !

Agreed Craig, and this is down to discipline of the players and that comes down to the management. Too much diets of burgers and pizzas (i wouldnt deny players this too much but its probably daily with some of our players) and not enough pasta's etc.

You just wonder what PLG would have done had the players listened!!

Don't know how true it is but I found this.

-------------

SPL giants Rangers have had a loan bid for Mattias Bjarsmyr rejected by IFK Goteborg.

Walter Smith has been interested in the 21-year-old centre back for a number of months and is eager to strengthen his defence in the January transfer window. Bjarsmyr was recently quoted as saying that "Rangers are a big club and a good team. Everyone who wants to achieve something is looking for that."

IFK Goteborg’s sporting director Hakan Mild has rejected the loan bid saying "we are not interested." The Swedish club are believed to have set a high fee for the player, according to IMScouting, his estimated market value is 1.2 million euros.

Bjarsmyr’s contract expires at the end of 2009. He is considered to be one of the most talented players still playing in Sweden and as well as being the captain of the Swedish Under-21 team has also made two appearances for the national team.

According to reports in Sweden, Bjarsmyr could now be on his way to Holland to either AZ Alkmaar or FC Groningen.

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=965