Over And Out

Seconds after Scott McDonald rifled home the only goal of a frustrating Old Firm game on Saturday, the only sound that drowned out the celebrating Tims was the strains of an overweight lady warbling the last rights on our SPL title challenge. It is gut-wrenching that even before the strains of Auld Lang Syne have faded away, the destination of the SPL title is out of our own hands. I will attempt to keep this part of the article to the dire performance on Saturday but there is so much wrong with our club at the moment that this may not be possible.

We actually started the game well, and didn�t we all just know that we�d live to regret missing so many guilt-edged chances to take the lead? However, we still didn�t test Borat enough, he had an easy game and we failed to capitalise on his eccentricity and his ability to self-destruct and lose stupid goals. There was little surprise that Walter Smith had decided to reintroduce Charlie Adam into the fray after Adam being frozen out for 3-4 weeks. We all knew either Adam or McCulloch would be reintroduced.

Throughout the entire 90 minutes, all our failings became even more glaringly obvious. We donââ?¬â?¢t have a striker who can take a guilt-edge chance when it matters. We play far too narrow. We canââ?¬â?¢t capitalise on set-pieces. We canââ?¬â?¢t retain possession from a throw-in. Celtc had a corner in the 84th minute, we were trailing 1-0 in a game we couldnââ?¬â?¢t afford to lose and we had every player back defending. Walter Smithââ?¬â?¢s tactics and substitutions reek of a manager who has lost the plot. He pays Ã?£3.5M for a STRIKER and continually plays him left wing when its obvious that the lad CANââ?¬â?¢T play there ââ?¬â?? yet Walter persists and is close to ruining this lad. He then withdraws our right back (who is really a midfielder) and goes 3-3-4. All fine and well until you notice that we have 4 centre forwards on but still no wide players (you know, someone to get in behind the deep lying Celtc defence). So with 4 forwards on and men short down the channels, we decide to throw high balls into the Celtc defence. Their two centre halves could be heard laughing from my seat in the Govan West Corner. They just headed the ball clear, their midfield picked up the lose balls and fed their stickers down the channels. So easy when youââ?¬â?¢re playing a team with no width and no clue on how to get in behind a static back four.

The most glaring deficiencies are the fact that we are attempting to win the SPL with players from St Mirren, Hibs, Kilmarnock etc. These players are run of the mill SPL players, nothing better, nothing worse. We have no creativity, we have no fast paced players who can beat an opponent. We have no drive from midfield and we have a creaking 40 year old defender who is now well past his best. I have been hearing and reading some very scary stories recently. Rangers Football Club are in a worse financial position than any of us knows, or cares to imagine. If these stories are true, and I have no basis to doubt them, all of our players are currently up for sale. As well as reducing the wage bill, we MUST recoup money and weââ?¬â?¢ll do this by selling players. This means players like Novo, Boogie, McGregor, Boyd, Mendes et al will be sold if we receive a ââ?¬Ë?decent offerââ?¬â?¢ for them. Inability to sell players like Burke, Adam, McCulloch et al will determine that they will be the ââ?¬Ë?qualityââ?¬â?¢ left to win us this league.

We are being downsized dramatically by SDM and we are all happy to sit back with an air of inevitability whilst we witness the demise of this once great club. The ââ?¬Ë?qualityââ?¬â?¢ of player being looked at to ââ?¬Ë?strengthenââ?¬â?¢ our team sends jubbers down the spine of this Rangers supporter. Lee Wilkie, Dean Shiells, Bobo Balde all names that have been mentioned and deals are already being struck.

So the fat lady has sung and our challenge for the title appears to be over. Is this overly pessimistic? I don�t think so. I can see Celtc dropping points, but unfortunately, I can see us dropping as many, if not more than them. We are unable to win away from home, and have two tricky away games in the SPL (Inverness and Aberdeen) and one in the Scottish Cup. It is fair to say that if we don�t win all three of those games, the manager MUST be removed. Personally, I would remove him (and his staff) just now as they have proven that they don�t have what it takes to win the SPL title against what is one of the worst Celtc teams in over a decade (and yet they stand on the verge of 4 consecutive SPL titles).

Without Fear Or Favour

We as Rangers fans have heard the above quote from Doctor Reid regarding sectarianism, and this quote has now been adopted by politicians and Police respectively. However, just like Doctor Death, the politicians and police are very lax in enforcing this quote, and in the Police�s case, enforcing the law.

In the lead up to the Old Firm game we had a politician who represents constituents in Bethnal Green and Bow informing all of Scotland that any Rangers fan who claims that Big Jock Knew is a bigot. That�s right folks, George Galloway believes that if you dare tell the truth regarding Jock Stein�s refusal to report a child molester to the Police makes you a bigot. George tells us that Jock Stein�s name won�t be tarnished by us bigots. You�re right George, he tarnished his own name he didn�t need any help from us.

Next up we have an SNP MSP and a Cardinal informing us that the hokey cokey is a sinister song mocking the Catholic Mass. Apparently, we have all known this for over 300 years and participating in the hokey cokey makes you a sinister, anti-catholic bigot. If this sectarian issue wasnââ?¬â?¢t so serious, last weeks revelations would be laughable. Not happy with informing the country that the hokey cokey was sectarian, the Cardinal and MSP informed Strathclyde Police that any Rangers fan caught doing the hokey cokey should be arrested. Strathclyde Policeââ?¬â?¢s response was predictable ââ?¬â?? they informed us that anyone indulging in sectarianism at the OF game would be arrested, without fear or favour.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. As well all know, during the OF game on Saturday, the entire Celtic end indulged in sectarian and offensive songs, openly breaking long established laws on sectarianism and singing songs in support of outlawed terrorist groups. So, given that we had heard a spokesman for Strathclyde Police saying that anyone indulging in such behaviour would be arrested without fear or favour. Well I can contest that this isnââ?¬â?¢t the case. From a very personally experience on Saturday, I can inform you that instead of arresting people clearly breaking the law, Strathclyde Police (officer xyz ââ?¬â?? I do have his number and have written a letter of complaint to the Police and Rangers but didnââ?¬â?¢t think it wise to print it here) are now more interested in arresting law-abiding citizens rather than those openly breaking the law.

When challenged to tackle the sinister, hate-filled and sectarian songs emanating from the Broomie on Saturday, the Police decided to turn a blind eye (or deaf ear if you wish) to the complaints from Rangers support, as well as the songs being sung. Given that, and the frustration of the Police clearly neglecting their duty to uphold the law, I stated that the Celtic fans participating in songs glorifying terrorist (and therefore the murder of thousands of innocent people) were nothing more than terrorist loving scumbags. Now, I have spent the last two days determining if my outburst was anyway sectarian, racist, offensive or criminal. As yet, there is no evidence to say that my outburst was sectarian, racist, offensive or criminal. However, an officer promptly grabbed me in a violent manner (I still have bruises) and shouted at me in a threatening and aggressive manner. He informed me that if I said terrorist loving scumbags once more that I�d be arrested. He refused to specify why I�d be arrested and refused to confirm why he was happy to ignore the Celtic fans songs. He then informed me that he clearly heard my outburst (he was standing 20 feet behind me) but couldn�t hear the Celtic fans and couldn�t identify who was singing. Yip, that�s right, he heard me over a 50,000 crowd but couldn�t pick our any one of the 7,500 singing IRA songs.

I wonder if the same officer was to respond to a burglary and witness the thieves stealing from a house and being chased by the house owner. Would he ignore the burglars and threaten to arrest the home owner who stated that the people stealing from him / here were ââ?¬Ë?thieving scumbagsââ?¬â?¢?

So there you have it, a prime example of Strathclyde Police without fear or favour campaign. I�ll let you know if I get any reply from Strathclyde Police or Rangers FC, although I don�t hold out much hope.

Continued -

The Cry Was No Defenders

Now this isn�t an outburst at the state of our defence, but a plea to those how pertain to uphold the traditions of our club (I know, no tittering at the back) to stand up and defend our club. I know that there isn�t anyone employed by SDM that will dare raise his or her head above the parapets to defend us, but after the events of last week, our club should have ripped the media, the catholic church and the police a new arsehole.

However, you do get the feeling that secretly SDM is happy with constant and unfounded attacks on us the fans. In fact, Iââ?¬â?¢d go a stage further, I actually think he believes what the media print. This is a prime example of why he needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Seriously, who would have thought that those who hate or very existence would stoop so low as to bring in the hokey cokey to the sectarian debate (well, its not really a debate is it ââ?¬â?? we are dictated to on this matter and have no input).

Our club is run by a cowardly parasite who barely tolerates our existence ââ?¬â?? well, apart from when heââ?¬â?¢s taking money off us. He refuses to defend us and I bet heââ?¬â?¢ll happily sit back take our cash and let the press, the police, the media and politicians demonise us for the crime of loving our club, our country, our Queen and the union. All now hang-able offences in Scotland.

I am seriously starting to doubt whether I can continue to support this once great club. The club no longer share my ambitions, they no longer share my values, they no longer share my passion, they no longer stand for what I stand for.

Season ticket renewal has always been an easy option, maybe, just maybe its time to start taking some hard options. Maybe its time to understand that blind loyalty won�t change anything for the better. Maybe its time to realise that no matter how much money we put into the club isn�t going to change SDM�s downsizing. Maybe its time to realise that not even a million typed words will change SDM�s downsizing, his refusal to defend us and his opinion that 2nd best (at best) is good enough for THE RANGERS.

Maybe its time to break my own heart and resign myself to the fact that the current Rangers (regime) isnââ?¬â?¢t worth all the hassle from the Police, from the politicians, from the Catholic Church ââ?¬â?? its never been easy being a Rangers fan, but its getting harder and harder by the day.

Cammy F - On The Brink Loyal RSC

Excellent piece as usual Cammy.

As you say don't hold your breath waiting for an answer from Strathclyde police or rangers. A standard pre-written response at most

It wasn't Gav was it.;)

I don't know if we can blame Murray for the nutty professor's on-field signings but we can blame him for not taking a stance against the craziness that politicians and the media are throwing at us, and of course the total mismanagement of our club.