Is our wage budget still out of control?

And are we still living outwith our means while chasing impossible dreams? Look at what JCD has to say about his time here. Maybe its just me, but I find it very worrying that we paid a player like him so much cash. I thought we had our wage budget under control after Bain sorted it out a few years ago.

If we are still paying big money on wages, should I be unduly worried about our overall financial stability? The latest figures made for depressing reading and given the lack of success on the park, does this not just confirm that the club is being run in a very risky way again? Did SDM not learn anything from what happened when DA was here?

Evening Time - Darche�s Rangers bonanza

Former Ibrox forward Jean-Claude Darcheville has revealed how he earned so much money during his time at Rangers that he could afford to take a pay cut and move to Valenciennes.

Darcheville returned to France last week to help the Ligue One club's battle against relegation.

The 33-year-old hit man said: "Financially, I assured my future in Scotland and I can afford this experience now. If that wasn't the case I'd have gone to Qatar or Dubai to take the money and finish my career.

"I made financial sacrifices to come here, but I want to help my team-mates stay in Ligue 1.

"Through my agent I had contact with Valenciennes three or four weeks ago. I also spoke with Nantes coach Elie Baup and to the president of Monaco and knew other opportunities would arise as well.

"But the manager Antoine Kombouare found the words to convince me to join Valenciennes. He understood I was a man of character."

It might be a middle finger from a parting JCD but who knows.

But why was the likes of Dailly kept on for another year, he is likely to be on 10k+ aswell after coming from the Premier League!!!

Looking at last year's accounts, the only conclusion is that the wage bill (from the CEO down) is out of control.

Agreed.

If it's not out of control then the CEO's head should roll for gross negligence.

If it is out of control then the CEO's head should roll for gross incompetence.

I don't think JCD is wrong in what he is saying, after all he was offered his salary, he accepted,and then he was asked to leave, he accepted it. Thanks for your services JCD and all the best

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't having a go at him whatsoever. He just got the best deal possible for him.

Agreed.

If it's not out of control then the CEO's head should roll for gross negligence.

If it is out of control then the CEO's head should roll for gross incompetence.

That's the thing, a few of us commented on that at the time, but this just seems to be further proof that we're now going back to paying over the odds for players wages. And given JCD's track record, I can't believe we had to pay him a lot to come here in the first place.