The Billy Boys ââ?¬â?? A Song That Could Rip The Rangers Family Apart (If we let it).

Agree. Setting aside my personal feelings about the song, the benchmark for us is NOT what Celtic do. Yes, seeing them punished for their blatant pro-terrorism bile would be satisfying and if justice prevails, it will happen. But we are Rangers and we have to sort out our own problems and forget about what is happening elsewhere.

The trouble is, they may not be breaking the rules. The new rules are for racism and sectarianism. Celtic can argue that singing about the IRA is political...

Even if they could be punished for this,there is a feeling among Celtic fans that only the away support sing these songs and they have been all but erradicated from CP. If that's the case then they won't have a case to answer as Celtic can only be made responsible for their home support.

So you want UEFA to eff off with their champions league and UEFA cup? Well the fact is they have the power to tell us to eff off out of their competitions.

People have done many bad things for years, it never justifies it. Looks like you might have to find somewhere else away from Ibrox to keep on singing your songs. That will be a test to see if you are a Rangers fan or a fan of sectarian songs.

That's very debatable. How can you say an atmosphere of hate is a "good" atmosphere? Loud maybe, but good??? Take away the hate and maybe we will have a good atmosphere with better songs being sung just as loudly.

If you're only there to sing about the pope and fenians then you won't be missed, we need Rangers fans at Ibrox who are actually there to watch and support the team.

Well you'll be a good test to see if Rangers start kicking people out. Let us know when you get banned from Ibrox...

no one can argue with this post

great post mate

Not true Calscot. They're for 'discriminatory' chants. Surely pro-terrorism will fit into that category?

And as for their home support being clean as a whistle? Nah - I've heard IRA being chanted there as recently as a few months ago.

They're for 'discriminatory' chants

thats the worst thing. its so vague and open to interpretation.

"neil lennon, your a wanker, your a wanker" is that not discriminatory? and isnt every other song of any team, which offends opponents and their supporters? its a joke!

but regardless... i dont think the billy boys has anything to do with rangers (rangers fan can sing it if they so wish - just not at ibrox!) rangers are a football club, and we should be supporting the team!

i for one am not a billy boy, im a rangers boy. and ill give anything to see my team at ibrox or away!

Political songs are not allowed under the new UEFA directive - this was brought in so that UEFA could take action against supporters singing far-right wing chants at football and this will cover the IRA chants.

Cammy F

Not true Calscot. They're for 'discriminatory' chants. Surely pro-terrorism will fit into that category?

And as for their home support being clean as a whistle? Nah - I've heard IRA being chanted there as recently as a few months ago.

During their last home game of the season, their singing section, The Jungle Bhoys imploded and sections of this led thousands of fans in vile racist and sectarian chants. Now, this wasn't reported in the media, the information was gained from a 'craptic minded' website.

Some of the songs sung included - I'd rather wear a turban than a sash - Soon there will be no protestants at all - and various IRA ditties.

Add this to the fact that the green brigade are trying to take over from the bungle bhoys as the new singing section, we are going to hear more and more of these songs at Parkhead.

We know that the media aren't going to do / say anything, but maybe, just maybe some of us Rangers fans are beginning to wake up and realise that if we want to bring this type of thing into the open, then we'll need to do it ourselves.

Cammy F

I'm sure of some things - not so sure of others. I'm quite sure that your post was excellent, Cammy, and I'm sure this will be the stance taken by most 'progressive' supporters. I'm not so sure that its for the greater good - however. In my own little idealistic world I would like people to come to the conclusion that sectarianism is an utter sham on their own. I think, in time, they will.

I just can't help wondering if this Morality By Force is the greater evil here - it seems to me that any ruling based on the possible 'offense' caused is one step on a slippery slope towards utter banality.