Dropped to the Shalke reserves after a fall out with Rutten.

His contract runs out in the summer i believe.

Should we? Would we?

Can we afford his wages

Personally i don't want him back.

In view of Lovenkrands statements recently about wanting to return to rangers how about this scenario.

PL: Oh Mr Smith, please come and get me.

WS: You will need to talk to Mr Bain.

PL: Mr Bain please talk to Shalke.

MB: If you come son i want you for next to nothing. If you start a fight with the manager and you are banned to the reserves we will try and negotiate a small fee or loan until the end of the season.

At a much reduced wage of course.

We need to move on and try other better players or unknown quantities, for example Kris Commons as i said on the other thread!

We've all bought the Lovenkrands video and lets be honest who would be getting excited at the thought of him re-signing? Not me!!!

Therefore, for the sake of progress, i really hope Walter is better than this rumour.

I'd say yes. He can play on either wing or up front and would be a lot more useful than the players we want shot of. Granted, he was inconsistent (his first and last seasons were his best) but he wants to come back and you don't get the chance of signing players of his standard on a free very often. Depends on wages of course.

He wouldn't cost a peanut as he'd be out of contract ine summer and free to talk to other clubs starting from this month.

He's absolute shite out on the left but better playing as a striker, however, I still don't want him back. He was gash for us in his last season before moving to Germany.