Ye know what a think they are doing , Trying to make us spend money.

They've been throwing big names here and there , Hasselbaink , Fortune etc , and did any of them come?

Mind games from wee chesney , I don't think Hesselink will come to Celtic , But if this is true , maybe PLG should have a wee word with Murray and get him to give us the cash for a bid too.

As much as I wish you were right Dunn, it's just wishful thinking. If the BBC are correct, then in relation to Timoschuk:

"Donetsk general director Sergei Palkin told the Daily Record: "There was a call to express Celtic's interest, they have not yet made an offer.""

As for JVoH:

"Meanwhile, Van Hesselink's father said: "We have a meeting with Celtic.""

Looks like they're seriously in for these players and I for one am not too happy about it.

I agree Danny - they are very serious about siging these players by all accounts. What remains to be seen is if the players want to go to Parkhead.

Hesselink is also wanted by Porto (so they may get scuppered there) and I am sure that with the news Celtic are in for him there will be others monitoring the situation too.

As for the Ukrainian guy... who knows if he will have other suitors too.

The thing that worries me is that WE need to be strengthening - we are still a couple of players short of a very good starting 11 (RB and LM spring to mind as well as a striker).

But as things stand right now I think we look better than THEY do - so hopefully we are also still working behind the scenes to move the dead-wood on and get a couple of players in too.

Celtic have been linked with scores of players this summer. How many signings have they actually made?

When (or if) Petlip leaves then they might spend a few million. But £10million, no chance.

Vennegoor of Hesselink is an outstanding player but I can't see Celtic affording him. He must be worth over 7M surely. Ironically he's the one I mentioned when someone asked who would you like to see come to Rangers.

Apparantly PSV want £6million for him. Celtic cannot afford that and according to a high net worth tim I know have offered £4million.

That is dependent on Petlip leaving. Moreover, Celtic are also gambling on Hearts not qualifying for the CL group stage; hence keeping all the CL pot to themselves.

They are also worse off in debt terms than us now. They're are playing a risky strategy if they spend £10million on players. It could pay off or they could end up in the same troubles as we were a short time ago.

I agree Danny - they are very serious about siging these players by all accounts. What remains to be seen is if the players want to go to Parkhead.

Hesselink is also wanted by Porto (so they may get scuppered there) and I am sure that with the news Celtic are in for him there will be others monitoring the situation too.

As for the Ukrainian guy... who knows if he will have other suitors too.

The thing that worries me is that WE need to be strengthening - we are still a couple of players short of a very good starting 11 (RB and LM spring to mind as well as a striker).

Yup - we do which is something I've started a new thread on.

But as things stand right now I think we look better than THEY do - so hopefully we are also still working behind the scenes to move the dead-wood on and get a couple of players in too.

You know, if I'm totally honest, I would say both squads are actually about equal.

A full strength Celtic would be:

Boruc

Telfer Caldwell/Mcmanus Balde Camara

Nakamura Jarosik Petrov Riorden

Miller Magic

Their defence is fairly settled if not exactly brilliant, same as ours. Their midfield is strong (With the exception of Riorden), same as ours, and the jury's out on their front men while we have Dado and Kris - so maybe we have the edge there.

The one aspect we have over them is a much better manager. Pound for pound I really don't see a huge gulf between the teams.