Smith wary of in-form Dons side

Guest Jum Spence

I can see Smith dropping Fleck for this one, on the premise that it's a game requiring more "steel". Doing so would be disastrous IMO, but I fear Smith will treat Aberdeen like Real Madrid, as is his nature.

One win in seven up there doesn't sound great, but if these players aren't up for it on Saturday after being let off the hook since the Old Firm shambles (7 point gap cut to 2 points in a fortnight), then we might as well give this title up.

The odds on us going top so soon after the OF game (albeit briefly) must've been huge. A Rangers win and it's squeaky bum time at Mordor at 3 o'clock. This is a massive game.

As much as I don't want Smith and the team to be afraid or be in awe of Aberdeen they are the form team in the league (based on the last 6 games), are on a winning run at home (I think), and as has been pointed out above we have a poor recent record up there. Therefore we must show them respect (in the football sense, not as a club or as people :devil:).

I don't say this as I want Smith to play 4-5-1, or that we should feel overly nervous up there. I point it out because despite all the above if we pay with the right frame of mind our superior ability should show through.

Pick our strongest XI (Fleck included), fire our players up and be prepared for the battle from the opening whistle. We cannot afford to lose the opening goal like we did at Falkirk if we want to win at Pittodrie and (albeit maybe temporarily) return to the top of the league.