Walter's tactics today

To be fair UTD never tried a leg today. They stifled the game and never troubled our goal at all. The amount of timewasting was diplorable. They took every oppertunity to burn the clock down.

Thery was also a two very contentious offside decisions when both Novo and

Boyd were clean through and looked to be at least a yard on side.

It was though ironicly funny to see one of their players running half the length of the park to get the ball for a shy after Flecks penalty!

today we ground out a result from a utd side that are very difficult to defeat. That was the first in six attempts by the one of the old firm.

I was asking the question before the match wether Rangers had the drive and commitment to put up a decent title challenge and on todays performance i think we have.

For once we can actually take some positives from a game.

I thought that Walter was happy to settle for 0-0.

I doubt that tbh. Anyway at least he got it right giving Lafferty his chance up front, as he should've had at least two goals on the board rather than just the one. I bet he'll settle for a draw next week though. ;)

I doubt that tbh. Anyway at least he got it right giving Lafferty his chance up front, as he should've had at least two goals on the board rather than just the one. I bet he'll settle for a draw next week though. ;)

I doubt it as well TBH.

Lafferty looked excellent in his short time on the pitch, and gives Walter another (better?) option for next week.

For the first 45 mins we played long high balls up the park which was driving me and a load of folk around me up the wall!! Whats the point in high balls when UTD's defenders are about 6'7?

Boyd was awful today, didn't really look up for the game and was brushed off the ball all to easily, Fleck was by far our best player with Davies and Mendes playing well also.

Barry didn't look too crash hot again and lost the ball a few times with sloppy passing.

Whitiker was pretty bad at times. A shame to see Nacho go off with what looks like a bad sprain. Got the result in the end though and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

So why go 4-5-1?

dont think it would have mattered what formation we played in the first half. Our passing, especially form the defence was well below par and we struggled to come up with any ideas around their box, and we had plenty of oppertunites to create.

The performance in the last twenty minutes was excellent. Lafferty actually done himself justice in a Rangers top and even miller done a bit too.

Whatever way you look at it Smith put out an attacking team today and over the nintey minutes it worked.

Lafferty has come in for more than his fair share of sick so I'm really pleased he came on and played in his 'preferred' position andd got a goal.

Has he not scored more often than not when deployed up front as a striker rather than on the left wing?

For the first 45 mins we played long high balls up the park which was driving me and a load of folk around me up the wall!! Whats the point in high balls when UTD's defenders are about 6'7?

Boyd was awful today, didn't really look up for the game and was brushed off the ball all to easily, Fleck was by far our best player with Davies and Mendes playing well also.

Barry didn't look too crash hot again and lost the ball a few times with sloppy passing.

Whitiker was pretty bad at times. A shame to see Nacho go off with what looks like a bad sprain. Got the result in the end though and at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

Agree with that.

Whittaker, Ferguson and Boyd were poor.

Even Miller did ok when he came on. Lafferty and Miller could be another potential partnership.

Its time for Ferguson to take a seat on the bench and play Davis in the centre with Aaron on the right. Yet BF will probably play a stormer in the friendly in midweek which will give him another 15 game license to be shite.