Bounce game result: Rangers 4 : 1 Hamilton

Starting XI:

______________Alexander_______________

Dailly___Broadfoot_____McCulloch____Smith

Naismith_____Edu______Hemdani____Wylde

_______Miller___________Boyd____________

Both Boyd and Wylde bagged a brace. Edu and Miller best players on the pitch.

:)

KRIS BOYD gave Walter Smith food for thought this afternoon when he bagged a double in a bounce game against Hamilton Accies.

Maurice Edu, RangersThe striker partnered Kenny Miller in attack against Billy Reid's men and was clearly out to impress ahead of Sunday's massive Old Firm encounter.

The game gave run-outs to Steven Naismith and Mo Edu with youngsters Danny Wilson, Stephen Stirling, Jamie Ness and Gregg Wylde also featuring throughout the 90 minutes alongside Kirk Broadfoot and Lee McCulloch.

Ness and Wylde were the others scorers for the Gers and coach Ian Durrant believes it was a worthwhile exercise.

He said: "Coisty phoned up Billy Reid, they had a lack of training facilities so we thought it was an ideal opportunity for us to get a game.

"We won 4-1 and I thought it was an excellent work-out.

"Boydy scored a couple while Mo Edu and Stevie Naismith also got some action under their belts.

"So our squad is brimming right now.

"Almost everybody is fit and they are desperate to get in the gaffer's starting line-up."

Kris Boyd gave Walter Smith food for thought

No he didn't. 2 goals in a bounce game against Hamilton wont stop Walter from playing it safe.

4-5-1 with Lafferty up front and Miller supporting from wide. Or those two in a 4-4-2.

Smith wouldn't even consider an attacking line up with our most dangerous forward unfortunately.

Surprising to see Hemdani get a run out.

That answers my question about Edu on another thread about him being here or with the US. Seems he is playing well at the moment.

But that defence would scare the shit out of me if it started a first team game :)

Surprising to see Hemdani get a run out.

That answers my question about Edu on another thread about him being here or with the US. Seems he is playing well at the moment.

But that defence would scare the shit out of me if it started a first team game :)

As would the midfield tbh.

Guest FollowThe People
No he didn't. 2 goals in a bounce game against Hamilton wont stop Walter from playing it safe.

Agreed we already know Boydy will score in games where we win by multiple goals against pish teams in largely meaningless games.

It's when we really need them he's a liability, falling on his arse, backing into defenders he can't jump with and getting caught offside umpteen times.

And before anybody says 'What about Hibs 1-0, and the cup finals last season?'

A Rangers number 9 needs to be getting us goals with repetitive regularity, not once in a Blue Moon.

I'll be astounded if we waste a strip on him come Sunday.

Agreed we already know Boydy will score in games where we win by multiple goals against pish teams in largely meaningless games.

It's when we really need them he's a liability, falling on his arse, backing into defenders he can't jump with and getting caught offside umpteen times.

And before anybody says 'What about Hibs 1-0, and the cup finals last season?'

A Rangers number 9 needs to be getting us goals with repetitive regularity, not once in a Blue Moon.

I'll be astounded if we waste a strip on him come Sunday.

I would suggest that if his shot had gone in against the filth at Ibrox you wouldn't have made that post.