Bounce game result: Rangers 4 : 1 Hamilton

True BD, but you can also say that these two players are our most consistent players who both do what they are picked to do,Weir is IMO our most consistent defender, and Boyd is our most consistent goal scorer :whistle:

Boyd is obviously our most consistent goal-scorer. I'm not convinced about Weir this season though and we could really have done with getting a replacement in the recent window.

Boyd is obviously our most consistent goal-scorer. I'm not convinced about Weir this season though and we could really have done with getting a replacement in the recent window.

No doubt about it, we should have got a replacement for him, but TBH I think he has played well so far this season.

Gribz it was a bit low getting a second username so you could continue your campaign against Boyd.

Are you for real? Novo lacks composure and only finishes well when he doesn't have time to think. Lafferty is almost too composed and takes too long over finishing, the chance missed against Dundee United a prime example. Lafferty has not featured enough to be proven a better goalscorer than Boyd. Bullshit point no. 3.

Only guy in our squad who attracted any interest in January (sorry Mendes aside). So that's a good indicator he's among the best we have and we should be looking to start him in all/most games. Bullshit point no. 6.

Not me im afraid, just another fan who see's the real Boyd.

As for Novo, you are wrong here. He got 25 goals upfront with Prso a few seasons ago so thats proof enought for me that he can score goals if he was played upfront.

As for Boyd attracting interest - yeah from McLeish only! The man who took him to Rangers. I didnt see anyone else other than Cardiff show interest yet they are interested in anyone who plays in the SPL.

As for Novo, you are wrong here. He got 25 goals upfront with Prso a few seasons ago so thats proof enought for me that he can score goals if he was played upfront.

As for Boyd attracting interest - yeah from McLeish only! The man who took him to Rangers. I didnt see anyone else other than Cardiff show interest yet they are interested in anyone who plays in the SPL.

Sorry missed the smilie off that first comment.

I'm not wrong about Novo at all. The arguement was that Novo was a better goalscorer than Boyd. 25 goals for Boyd playing most games in a full season would be seen as a fairly poor season for Boyd. Ergo I am correct.

The Birmingham argument was that Boyd is a better proposition than Thommo upfront and the class of team they attract. Birmingham>>Cardiff. Ergo I am right again.

That poster, like yourself, has such an issure over Boyd that you will use lies, fallacies and bullshit to try and denigrate his contribution to the team and his worth to the club. Doesn't mean other fans will sit there and willingly eat up this bullshit. I concisely and reasonably showed why his arguements against Boyd were bollocks and I don't think that many will disagree that his arguements were flawed and nonsensical.

I mean come on, he tried to claim Boyd didn't score regularly.

Just because the guy doesn't rate Boyd like yourself, does not mean you have to back up his ridiculous arguements. "Thanking him" for a post full of lies, bias and conjecture does yourself no favours when debating Boyd's merits.

There are definitely points about Boyd's game and contribution to be criticised. As there is for Mendes or Bougherra even. But when you have numpties trying to claim Novo and Lafferty are better goalscorers than Boyd then it's time to stop taking their arguements seriously.

Infact the board would maybe benefit from an ignore function so I don;t have to read any more of ***'s (:rolleyes:) drivel. In fact his attacks on Boyd are so far removed from the players ability and contribution that one can only assume it is something personal he has against Boyd and is nothing to do with his performances.

If I had to bet on someone scoring in a 'one on one' I'd go for Boyd everytime. I would also bet Boyd on outscoring Novo every season if both played up front in every game but that's just my opinion. I would never slate the one who scores less goals! But it seems someone who puts in less effort but scores more seems to get it everytime we don't win or play well when he's in the team. Others who work hard but also miss sitters or play badly don't seem to get it as bad for some reason...........

Guest FollowThe People
Sorry missed the smilie off that first comment.

I'm not wrong about Novo at all. The arguement was that Novo was a better goalscorer than Boyd. 25 goals for Boyd playing most games in a full season would be seen as a fairly poor season for Boyd. Ergo I am correct.

The Birmingham argument was that Boyd is a better proposition than Thommo upfront and the class of team they attract. Birmingham>>Cardiff. Ergo I am right again.

That poster, like yourself, has such an issure over Boyd that you will use lies, fallacies and bullshit to try and denigrate his contribution to the team and his worth to the club. Doesn't mean other fans will sit there and willingly eat up this bullshit. I concisely and reasonably showed why his arguements against Boyd were bollocks and I don't think that many will disagree that his arguements were flawed and nonsensical.

I mean come on, he tried to claim Boyd didn't score regularly.

Just because the guy doesn't rate Boyd like yourself, does not mean you have to back up his ridiculous arguements. "Thanking him" for a post full of lies, bias and conjecture does yourself no favours when debating Boyd's merits.

There are definitely points about Boyd's game and contribution to be criticised. As there is for Mendes or Bougherra even. But when you have numpties trying to claim Novo and Lafferty are better goalscorers than Boyd then it's time to stop taking their arguements seriously.

Infact the board would maybe benefit from an ignore function so I don;t have to read any more of ***'s (:rolleyes:) drivel. In fact his attacks on Boyd are so far removed from the players ability and contribution that one can only assume it is something personal he has against Boyd and is nothing to do with his performances.

You've got a cheek to call anyone a liar, as for spin and bullshit the last time I heard as much as this was from the Flim Flam man himself at the AGM.

You're name isn't Hans Chrisitian by any chance is it?

I said we need a Rangers number 9 to score with repetitive regularity in games when a goal is crucial, when we are going to have to win it by the odd goal, not someone taking the ball off a teammate's toes or grabbing the ball from a colleague who has won a penalty through skill to pad his goal tally in a game we're already assured of winning.

If you and your pal are happy with such a limited player that nobody except big Eck with a desperate throw of the dice wants, I'm thrilled for you.

I'll tell you how valuable Boyd is to Rangers, I'll bet you anything you like he's nowhere near the starting 11 on Sunday.

Do you honestly think we'd even contemplate leaving him out if we thought he would produce the goods?

The only 2 more diappointed than you 2 will be 'Hied it and Hoof it' when they see him on the bench or in the stand.

F T P, your views on Boyd are clearly down to far more than what he does or doesn't do on the pitch. Nobody with a basic grasp of the game would try and argue some of the ridiculous points you have. It leads me to one of two conclusions, you have something personal against the player or I call shenanigans, your username (acronym = F T P) and your views on our most lethal finisher suggest timpostery.

In any case consider your views on Boyd ignored as you have shown yourself incapable of logical and even handed debate of the mans ability.

Guest FollowThe People
F T P, your views on Boyd are clearly down to far more than what he does or doesn't do on the pitch. Nobody with a basic grasp of the game would try and argue some of the ridiculous points you have. It leads me to one of two conclusions, you have something personal against the player or I call shenanigans, your username (acronym = F T P) and your views on our most lethal finisher suggest timpostery.

In any case consider your views on Boyd ignored as you have shown yourself incapable of logical and even handed debate of the mans ability.

Ah you've flushed me out, I wondered how long it would take you.

Where's those sarcastic smileys when you need them -)

So by your reckoning I should be dreading the sight of Bydie running onto the pitch on Sunday?

When then can't I think of a more depressing sight than him staggering about the Piggery like a Jakey with a bad hangover?

Remember, 4-2 Piggery, 3-0 Easter Rd.

Dead easy -)

Ah you've flushed me out, I wondered how long it would take you.

Where's those sarcastic smileys when you need them -)

So by your reckoning I should be dreading the sight of Bydie running onto the pitch on Sunday?

When then can't I think of a more depressing sight than him staggering about the Piggery like a Jakey with a bad hangover?

Remember, 4-2 Piggery, 3-0 Easter Rd.

Dead easy -)

Remember 1-0 Love St.

We already discussed why that was a bullshit arguement. Can't just select the games that prove your point and ignore the others.

For what it's worth, Cousin isn't here anymore, so to talk of the 4-2 game and Boyd's exclusion is a nonsense. No one else provides Cousin's kind of threat in our current squad, so we need to look at a different way of winning the game.

Also Darche was anonymous/useless in the Hibs game so you could just as reasonably argue the result may have been even more convincing had Boyd played instead.

Don't let your hatred of the man get in the way of things though.

I still fail to understand this deep seated hatred of the man. Even Boruc and McGeady would get less grief of some. :(