Bounce game result: Rangers 4 : 1 Hamilton

Bloody Nora - not another Boyd debate. Hasn't it all been said already?

How can there be such energy for so many arguments about Kris Boyd while almost nothing is said about the talentless turncoat who cost us five times as much and has delivered only a fraction of Boyd's contribution this season alone?

You want someone to argue about, go take a look at Kenny Mhiller.

As for Boyd, well he is what he is and he scores goals. The rest of the proposals against him are academic claptrap. You want a classy, pacy, high energy striker - find someone else we can afford and hope we buy him. You want the best striker we currently have available at the club to score goals - there is only Boyd. Get over it.

Exactly what you said :D

Ian, I was just glad to see Craig continue it well after a few other comments about people being unreasonable and timposters for having an opinion. :)

What's the point in "mature debate" when you and your friend are claiming Boyd is not a natural goalscoring.

You cant "debate" with people who are denying what there eyes are telling them.

You can't debate with people whose views are so twisted they wont admit even the slightest positive about the mans game, despite the vast majority of fans Rangers or not and people who are far more knowledgeable about the game agree is a fact.

Logical, mature debate is impossible with people like that.

What's the point in "mature debate" when you and your friend are claiming Boyd is not a natural goalscoring.

Thats our opinion and thats what we are debating. We dont beleive in his abilites.

You cant "debate" with people who are denying what there eyes are telling them.

You cant debate if you dont allow someone to have an opinion. If we all agreed then the forums would be filled with posts saying "i agree"

You can't debate with people whose views are so twisted they wont admit even the slightest positive about the mans game, despite the vast majority of fans Rangers or not and people who are far more knowledgeable about the game agree is a fact.

Twisted in your view maybe, personally i think thats an extreme comment to think its twisted when we simply what better for our team. And I think you will find the Rangers fans are split on the mans game. Until we got a poll from a fair number of fans you cant claim fans or others in the game agree. WS happens to be more knowledgable than some fans yet he seems to agree Boyd is very limited.

Logical, mature debate is impossible with people like that

I dont see debate being impossible at all, those who think Boyd is limited have stated there reason - simple debate IMO. Your thinking its impossible simply because we dont agree with your opinion.

I agree :fish:

Boyd really is an enigma. I dont think I recall any player for Rangers splitting the support so much.

The reality is pretty straight forward

1. He is a natural finisher and our best goalscorer at present

2. His contribution outside of goals is minimal

Those are the two factual statements as I see them, the debate really can't revolve around 1 because it really isnt debatable, he has proven it each season since he joined us.

The debate around 2 should be minimal too as it is plain for all to see. However, regarding 2 he has been making an effort to improve and we need to give him time to see through that improvement, especially when he is still scoring goals and still our most potent threat.

I have never really been pro or anti-Boyd. I try to give each player their chance to prove themselves.

Someone mentioned that we played our best football without Boyd in the 4-2 game and 3-0 away to Hibs and whilst they are decent examples they are hardly representative of the season are they ? Further, regarding the 4-2 game you almost need to discount that game immediately because we had Cousin playing that day, and playing out of his skin, and he no longer is here so we can't call on him for that type of performance. You have to look at who would give us the best chance of winning. Cousin was that player inthe 4-2 game but he isnt here any longer so we need to look at others.

On the few occasions when Boyd hasn't played this season, the two games above apart, we may have played better but I actually think that we have distinctly lacked the look of a team likely to score.

Boyd is definitely a luxury player if you have a midfield creating a boat-load of chances and could be dropped because you have contributions from elsewhere. However, our team seem to not create that much and what they do create, because of this, needs to be stuck away. If we miss a couple of decent chances then there is a fair possibility that we will draw 0-0 or lose.

Of the strikers in our team the only one who is likely to consistently put away those chances is Kris Boyd. I just don't get how anyone can debate that, given his record at the club and given the other options within the club.

Gribz if you dont agree that Boyd is by far the best goalscorer we have then there is no point in debating anything of his qualities. It comes across as someone being childish and obtuse.

Of course debating football is about opinions. Certain aspects though are taken as fact as it is the commonly held, consensus opinion especially held by those best placed to make judgements. e.g. ex players.

I could take a ridiculous stance on another player, say Lee McCulloch is the best player in the world, and say it's my opinion, no one can say I am wrong. But the sane individuals discussing football would call me moronic and quite rightly ignore my opinions on football matters.

To deny Boyd's goalscoring record is nothing short of moronic. Some things just aren't up for debate and it is bewildering that people try and deny their own sense of logic or sense of sight.

Ps. Most of your last post irrelevant. All my comments were with respect to his goalscoring ability only, as stated. Everyone but the most twisted (yes I used this word again as it seems appropriate) agree it is beyond compare in the country.

PPs. Just reading Craig's post and he seems to think the agreed quality of his goalscoring is factual. Fuck knows what you and F T P are on about frankly?

Edited by Super_Ally

This is like the debate between evolution and intelligent design. One side based on evidence and factual enquiry, the other on side based on wishful thinking and prejudice.

I wonder if Kris Boyd realises the intellectual watershed he represents? :)