Boruc drug shame out of old firm game?

Guest jshields

Yeah i heard this last night, a bouncer in a club i work in says his mate works for a paper and is a realiable source however i would highly doubt its true, if i knew about it last night i cant imagine why it wouldnt be all over the media today. Lets keep our fingers crossed though

CELTIC ace Artur Boruc last night LAUGHED off an internet smear campaign, declaring: “This is just typical of Glasgow.”

The Polish star — who WILL play in today’s Old Firm match — had been left bemused by a week of unfounded speculation about his private life.

Rumours circulated via texts and fans’ websites that the Hoops hero had failed a drugs test.

But today we can reveal that the allegations are COMPLETELY untrue — and the Holy Goalie is ready to face Rangers at Celtic Park this afternoon.

A senior Parkhead executive told the News of the World: “Artur knows all about the rumours.

“He’s laughed them off, saying it was ‘just typical of Glasgow’.

“He doesn’t take a blind bit of notice about what other folk say about him.”

And last night a club spokesman said: “There’s absolutely no foundation to these rumours. They are absolute RUBBISH.

“Artur is completely focused and ready to play.”

Football fan sites were buzzing all this week with the false claims.

The frenzy culminated in speculation that Boruc, 29, was to be DROPPED for today’s big game.

Last night one message board user said: “I’ve never seen anything like it — these rumours just spread like wildfire.”

Boruc IS facing a heavy club fine for PUNCHING his own Hoops team-mate Aiden McGeady, 22, earlier this month.

And off the pitch, he’s split from wife Kasia, 28, and is dating sexy Polish model Sara Mannei, 24.

The former contestant on the Polish version of Pop Idol is the ex-lover of notorious Polish gangster Rafal Majewski.

When contacted yesterday at his new home in Bearsden, near Glasgow, Boruc — who signed from Legia Warsaw in 2005 — refused to comment.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/177712/Rumour-is-a-big-joke-to-Boruc.html