Forgive me brothers.

I strayed on to the Sunday Mail football forums.

Perhaps it is forums such as those which are tainting the integrity of all others.

You need to look no further to find the places where hatred, bile, bigotted and sectarian comments are commonplace ( very little actual football is discussed .) I don't know if these posts are scrutinised for defamatory statements or not. One celtic poster talks only of Rangers financial background. Either he is a mole in SDM's office or he's simply talking out of his arse....who knows ?

I'm surprised the Sunday Mail acts as a conduit for such inflammatory statements and why are they made in the football forum section ?

Am I missing the point of freedom of speech or is it just another vehicle for the press to keep stoking the embers of sectarianism ?

The great thing about freedom of speech is the freedom not to listen to it. I imagine it's much the same with internet comment.

The other wonderful thing about forums like the Sunday Mail is that they act as a magnet for the walking garbage in society and while they're spending time there they can't be where I am. Know what I mean, Harold?

I just don't think such a popular organ should be a watering hole for those wishing to pass on the vile thoughts of a few disturbed individuals to those who don't have thoughts of their own. For example, would Islamic Fundamentalists be allowed antagonise non Muslims by way of the Sunday Mail ? I think not. After all, it is " Scotlands Shame " as that newspaper likes to remind us from time to time. What disappoints me most is how it always taggs religion on to Us and them and it is now considered synonymous.

Another job for the thought police I suppose.

I just don't think such a popular organ should be a watering hole for those wishing to pass on the vile thoughts of a few disturbed individuals to those who don't have thoughts of their own. For example, would Islamic Fundamentalists be allowed antagonise non Muslims by way of the Sunday Mail ? I think not. After all, it is " Scotlands Shame " as that newspaper likes to remind us from time to time. What disappoints me most is how it always taggs religion on to Us and them and it is now considered synonymous.

Another job for the thought police I suppose.

The Sunday Mail is Scotland's shame. Stay away from it.

Forgive me brothers.

Perhaps it is forums such as those which are tainting the integrity of all others.

You need to look no further to find the places where hatred, bile, bigotted and sectarian comments are commonplace ( very little actual football is discussed .) I don't know if these posts are scrutinised for defamatory statements or not. One celtic poster talks only of Rangers financial background. Either he is a mole in SDM's office or he's simply talking out of his arse....who knows ?

I'm surprised the Sunday Mail acts as a conduit for such inflammatory statements and why are they made in the football forum section ?

Am I missing the point of freedom of speech or is it just another vehicle for the press to keep stoking the embers of sectarianism ?

Had a wee look. The financial guy is just living in hope, and not basing his assumptions on anything realistic.

The Sunday Mail is Scotland's shame. Stay away from it.

Agreed. Haven't bought that rag, or its sister paper in years.

Forgive me brothers.

'Forgive me brothers.

I strayed on to the Sunday Mail football forums.'

Stay away from the darkside.......lol