Ruthlessness Required�

As the realisation that we are now back on top of the SPL finally dawns on Rangers fans everywhere, it is the realisation and the plans to stay there currently residing in the minds of our managerial staff that holds the key to determining if we are to finally end the famine on SPL titles.

This is the time for ruthlessness, for relentlessness, for self-confidence, for taking charge of our destiny, for our management staff to install this into our players and ensure that no self-doubt or negativity sneaks into their minds. However, how is going to ensure that negativity doesn�t sneak into our management teams heads? That could be the greatest obstacle that we have to overcome in the title run-in.

We are now in a position of strength, sitting proudly on top of the SPL, the time has come for us to become ruthless and relentless in our pursuit of the SPL title. We have the squad of players to secure the title, we have the skill to secure the title, we have the goal-scoring talent to win the title and we are certainly mean enough in defence to win the title. Do we have the ruthlessness? I certainly believe that we do, and the management team require to install this in our players.

We travel to Hamilton on Saturday just as they have stumbled onto a decent run and are also inform. However, even given the above and given that undoubtedly, this game will be a test, if we approach the game in the correct manner, impose our strength and quality on proceedings, we have a fantastic opportunity to put pressure on a creaking Celtc before they entertain St Mirren.

There are 12 games remaining in the SPL title race and we must take this unforeseen but hugely welcome chance of securing our first SPL title in far too long. After losing to Celtc, I don�t think any of us could have predicted that we would be allowed back into contention, never mind finding ourselves in pole position with 12 games remaining.

Rangers teams of yesteryear would have seized this opportunity by the horns and would have steamrollered their way, and anyone who stood in their path, to the title. It is that steely determination and self believe that must be installed in this squad of players. Logically, there is nothing to stop us going on to win the title. All we have to do is match Celtc�s results over the next 12 games.

We have the natural talent required and now we need the likes of Barry Ferguson, Pedro Mendes, Steven Davis, David Weir, Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller to step up to the plate and drag then team by the scruff of the neck whilst dictating the pace of every game we play in. If we impose ourselves in the correct manner in the remaining games, our goal will be achievable. Last season, we capitulated in the run-in and whilst the fixture list was partly to blame, so was the fact that the players didn�t respond in the correct manner and our manager decided that the cautious approach that was successful in Europe would also see us secure the SPL. How wrong could he have been.

We cannot allow this type of negativity to creep into our play and approach this season so to that end, lets hope and pray that the management team have learned a valuable lesson. In retrospect, we could and should be in an even more healthier position as we could and should have taken full points from our recent visits to Parkhead and Pittodrie. The defenders of our tactics in those games will point that the points gained were good points as we are now top of the SPL. However, of he had been more positive and won both those games, we would still be top of the SPL and there would be distinct daylight between us Cetlc.

Our Support And Our Role

I find it frustrating to have to pen this type of article, one that has a pop at Rangers fans, but after witnessing Rangers going top of the SPL on Saturday without support from the stands left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.

TBO apart, no one at Ibrox appears prepared to actually support the team off a Saturday now. There is little or no singing (again TBO apart) and it was embarrassing at the final whistle when there couldn�t have been more than 5,000 fans left inside the stadium to cheer the players off the pitch after them clinching top stop.

Can I ask a serious question? Why do people go to Ibrox if it�s not to support the team? Is it me that�s wrong in believing that vocal backing is part of the remit of being a supporter?

Ask any Rangers player, or any ex-Rangers player and they will tell you that we are an extra-man. We can have an influence on what is happening in front of our eyes and what is developing on the pitch. Our vocal support can add an extra half-yard to a players pace, it can add to their determination.

Given that, and given that our team will require every little advantage going in our quest to regain the SPL title, lets rediscover our voices and our passion for singing those glorious Rangers anthems and lets give the team some much needed and deserved SUPPORT.

I have to say that this is aimed at the support generated (or otherwise) at Ibrox, as the away support have, as always, been nothing short of outstanding this season (given the obstacles and barriers that they encounter and off course, the press coverage that they attract).

Their Support And Rangers' Response

A mere 9 seconds into yesterdays game at Fir Park, the massed Celtc support chanted their first (of many) sectarian / offensive song. These sectarian / offensive songs were unrelenting over the course of the entire game. In fact, Lanarkshire Police were forced to enter the stands housing the travelling fans and were clearly shown evicting many fans singing these horrible and vile songs.

Given that above, is it fair to say, and with some certainty that the SPL observer will have heard these songs, seen the Police ejecting Celtc fans and include this in their report?

Can we look forward to Reporting Scotland and Scotland Today highlighting the above and showing the lyrics of the songs along the bottom of our TV screen? Can we expect the papers being full of condemnation and pleading with the SPL to dock Celtc points? Can we expect a week full or condemnation on the phone-ins? Can we expect, all we actually crave on this matter, parity?

Off course, we all know that the answer to the above is a simply ââ?¬Ë?noââ?¬â?¢. Given that, what course of action would you like to see our club / custodian take? This is a perfect time for them / him to come out on the offensive.

Personally, if I were in charge, or had any influence in what our response in this matter, I would invite the heads of sport from the BBC and ITV to Ibrox and show them a video of yesterdays game. I would then ask them of they had any plans to highlight the singing issue and if their answer was ââ?¬Ë?noââ?¬â?¢, I would politely thank them for their time and inform them that until they show parity, their organisations would be banned from Ibrox and wouldnââ?¬â?¢t be gaining interviews with our players or management staff. They would also be informed that until they showed parity, there would be a weekly article on Rangers World showing any sectarian or offensive singing NOT perpetrated by Rangers fans and showing that this wasnââ?¬â?¢t being highlighted by the media. I would then contact the editors off all Scottish newspapers and inform them the same.

Then I would ask for a meeting with the SPL and ask to read all the reports from this weeks SPL games. If none of these reports show any mention of sectarian or offensive singing, I would show the SPL the video of yesterdays game and ask why their observer failed to mention obvious sectarian and offensive singing? I would then ask them if the observer who missed this obvious singing would be sanctioned for not doing their job correctly. If the SPL didn�t show signs of parity, I would inform them that Rangers FC would not be handling tickets for any further away games, or for semi-finals that Rangers appear in. Added to that, Rangers FC would be seeking to meet with all their Rangers Supports Clubs with a view of a blanket boycott of all away games (which would be shown at Ibrox free of charge).

We are being bullied in this matter, and its easy for a bully to pick on a victim that is scared or won�t retaliate. Once a victim shows some courage, the bully will inevitably find a new victim. Fighting someone who actually fights back isn�t something that a bully will do for long, it at all.

All of the above isn�t rocket science and wouldn�t take long to implement. If done properly, it would ensure that parity was obtained and obtained quickly. All it takes is a Chairman with a back-bone who actually cares about the public image of his club and it�s fans. The bullies would soon run off and find another victim.

Cammy F - :rfc:

Excellent read mate...

There is no doubt Rangers should be taking the fight to the media on this front. I'll be watching Scotland Today/Reporting Scotland tonight with interest even if I already know what their coverage will be.

Great read as usual Cammy.

I also like your idea on how to bring the media to task. Sadly we have a Chairman and a CEO who either don't care or who don't have the fortitude to realise that this would actually improve their image with the fanbase and, possibly, be a lightning rod to getting us back to parity in the whole sectarianism debate.

Great read as usual Cammy.

I also like your idea on how to bring the media to task. Sadly we have a Chairman and a CEO who either don't care or who don't have the fortitude to realise that this would actually improve their image with the fanbase and, possibly, be a lightning rod to getting us back to parity in the whole sectarianism debate.

In defence of the CEO he only goes to the toilet when Murray tells him too.

:throwpc:

Ruthlessness Required�

All of the above isn�t rocket science and wouldn�t take long to implement. If done properly, it would ensure that parity was obtained and obtained quickly. All it takes is a Chairman with a back-bone who actually cares about the public image of his club and it�s fans. The bullies would soon run off and find another victim.

Cammy F - :rfc:

All it takes............ but unfortunately and inevitably, that's where every aspiration for Rangers comes unstuck, every plan undone and every opportunity is scorned.

Rangers does not have a chairman with a backbone. Murray doesn't care about any image but his own. We all know this to be true. So with the greatest respect (genuinely) what is the point of going to such length to say what needs to be done if it is going to depend on a chairman having qualities that David Murray so obviously lacks, utterly.

He goes to the toilet? I assumed he had no genitals as he definitely doesn't have any balls :box:

Just checked again to be sure but my wife goes to the toilet and doesn't have any balls.

I dare not ask but do yo have a girlfriend, with balls.:eek::box:

With reference to rant no.1, I think now is the time to start going at teams - particularly at home - with the intention of beating them and beating them well. 2002/03 was really the last time we stuck a few past teams on a regular basis, and though easier said than done, it's the best way of crushing Celtic's spirit. Say on Saturday we not only go three points clear but do it via a thumping 3 or 4-0 win, then the pessimism increases at Parkhead. Whenever we really need the chimps to drop points, and then they go and rack up a few goals, it's a bit of a kick in the stones. Time to start doing it to them, the message being: Get out of our way, this league's ours.