Ross McCormack

But to be fair others have also gone and scored hat-tricks on their debut. He didnt have an easy debut but he was mediocre at best...... either that or Rangers defence was that good.....

I don't think that he should have been given another year given that PLG seems to prefer the 4-2-3-1 which means he would be fighting Prso, Boyd, Sebo, (likely), Buffel (possibly) - there is nowhere for him to get a game.

Not a bad player, but certainly not Rangers class.

yes, it would have been a struggle for him to win over prso, boyd, sebo? and buffel? but take the latter two away and you`ve only got boyd and prso.

then if either of them are out then who goes in?

imo we`re down to the barebones up front and desperately need another striker for cover.

i just think he should`ve been allowed another season under leguen andd boyd and prso`s guidance and evaluated it at the end of that.

obviously if had made progress it would`ve been a fruitful decision.

however, i suppose it`s a pointless debate now!

Remember though, he was playing for Motherwell yesterday so its a bit harsh to judge him on the basis of that performance. I still think its right he went though, he didn't seem to do as well as someone like Adam when he went away on loan last season and obviously hasn't impressed PLG or AM. Good luck to him though.

Remember though, he was playing for Motherwell yesterday so its a bit harsh to judge him on the basis of that performance. I still think its right he went though, he didn't seem to do as well as someone like Adam when he went away on loan last season and obviously hasn't impressed PLG or AM. Good luck to him though.

I agree. I'm still not sure if he's any good but to judge him playing for a Motherwell team who were being over-run by Rangers is far too harsh. All Motherwell can do is try to defend well and then sneak a goal. They did that and McCormack delivered the telling cross, so he did about as much as you could expect in the circumstances.

Last season we've seen Buffel be pretty anonymous in games we weren't in control of. That doesn't automatically make him a shit player.

Is Mark Brown the Caley keeper another one of our ex youth players?

Yeah he is, and IMO both Brown and Smith would be better choice's than Macgregor.

I think we made a mistake in letting Smith go, although i understand the boy's position in this, he doesnt want to make the same mistake as Macgregor, ie. hanging around in the reserves.

I think letting Smith go was a mistake. In fact the way he went about things should have maybe been a sign to the management that he was ready for first team football and should have been given a chance. He was quite adamant that he felt ready for the first team and should have been given a chance. Its strange that there's now 2 other SPL clubs with young Scottish keepers as their number 1 and that both these guys have been let go by us.

Its strange that there's now 2 other SPL clubs with young Scottish keepers as their number 1 and that both these guys have been let go by us.

Yeah, our goal keeping coach for the youngsters must be shit-hot eh? lol.

Would be good if we started producing players who can cut it in the SPL and eventually Europe.... but keep them at the club!

We could do with a list of players who have come out of Murray park and where they play.

Off the top of my head:

MacGregor/Smith/Brown

Hutton/Lowing/Ross McLean Smith

Burke Fletcher Adam

MacCormack McLean

Anyone want to have a go at a definitive list?