Rangers 0 : 1 Caley Thistle - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Mate he was the only player that looked capable of rising above mediocrity (to be kind) and who wanted to inject a bit of pace and passion into our play.

The rest of the team should be embarrassed at their lack of support for the big lad.

Guys like Steven Davis and Kris Boyd should hang their head in shame this morning. In fact they should be fined their greedy weekly wages and maybe that would waken them up from their slumbers.

No doubt about it mate.

But Bougherra and our full backs having the make the play is nothing new. Davis, Ferguson and even Mendes often abdicate responsibility in this way and with Boyd refusing to move anywhere outside of a 5 yard circle in the middle of the park our creative influence is close to zero.

At no point last night did we look like scoring.

My assessment of the players from yesterday's match thread:

McGregor - Nothing to do until the 92nd minute. No chance with the penalty

Broadfoot - Pish. Showed his limitations at right back and faded badly towards the end of the game.

Bougherra - MOTM - Best player by far and tried to play defence, midfield and attack, coz no other bugger was bothering.

Weir - A liability. Looked uncomfortable all night, and gave away a penalty and couldn't complain about that or his red card. New contract? Don't make me laugh.

Papac - OK. Tried hard and worked up and down well.

Davis - Very pish. worst player on the park. learn how to pass the ball.

Ferguson - Good. Played well and was our second best player on the night. Looked more like the old Fergie but has lost some fitness along the way.

Edu - Struggled. Got booked in the first half and uncomfortable after that.

Fleck - Pish. Haven't a clue how he wasn't subbed long before the 70 minute mark. Got a long way to go based on this performance.

Miller - Pish. Had a couple of good runs but his touch wasn't good enough.

Boyd - Pish. Touch was poor and contributed very little.

Lafferty - Second half sub. Pish.

Naismith - Second half sub. Pish.

Aaron - 83rd minute sub. Should have been given longer.

Walter Smith - Inability to change players who were having nightmares cost us big time.

Overall, too many players off the boil, and showed that they don't have the bottle to win the league. This result is disasterous for us.

At no point last night did we look like scoring.

We had 1 shot on target that I can remember last night. A lame header by Boyd abut 70 minutes in. Oh, wait, Fleck shot straight at the keeper in the 1st half.

Two shots on target against bottom of the league. Magic!!

I like Papac as a player, he's a no thrills kind of player but tries his best. However, attacking wise, he's not very good but that's not his fault as WS is playing him out of position too!!!

From my reply in Frankies 'Leadership' thread ;

The front of the bus mafia critiqued the players last night and did so in a honest way and here was their ratings from last night;

McGregor - 3/10 - distribution was aweful and partly to blame for the goal debacle

Broadfoot - 3/10 - honest enough lad, but is a centre-half from St Mirren playing right back for Rangers - distribution terrible.

Weir - 1/10 - see McGregor plus he's so old he was at The Somme

Boogie - 8/10 - a glittering diamond in a pile of shite - first to be sold in the summer

Papac - 3/10 - another centre-half playing out of position - distribution terrible

Davis - 2/10 - woeful

Ferguson - 5/10 - 4 of that 5 for his performance in the first 30 minutes - decent then, terrible there-after

Edu - 5/10 - one of our better players, why was HE subbed?

Fleck - 3/10 - looked way out of his depth against the worst team in the SPL and the worst full-back in the SPL. Just a lad tho, will have days like this

Miller - 4/10 - tried.

Boyd - 1/10 - stood like a statue for 90 minutes and his attempt when clean thro on goal in the first minute was 'comical'...

SUBS - Naismith - not good enough - Lafferty -waste of money we don't have to waste and Aaron - not enough time to do anything, should have been on from the start, or at lwast from half-time.

These aren't just my thoughts, these are the thoughts of people who have followed Rangers for a combined 400+ years. Auld Jimmy finished the debate by saying 'worst Rangers team I've seen; players masquarading as Rangers players, a clueless manager and a chairman who is in as much financial shite as the RBS and Woolies combined. Mr Struth will be spinning in his grave'.

Cammy F