Leadership, Responsibility, Belief, Passion, Commitment..

Excellent post Cammy...

Like I say, the chairman and manager of the club can try and deflect the blame onto internet fans but that just doesn't wash with me.

The problem is that the problems are well known. There appear to be no solutions.

I feel physically sick this morning.

You do wonder if anyone within the inner sactums of Ibrox are feeling this way this morning? I think we all know that there is no one at our club who cares at the moment (or who is brave enough to stand up and be counted at this moment of time).

The manager was appointed by a panicing Chairman who realised that we are up shit creek and we lost the paddles a decade ago. We are spinning out of control and there doesn't appear to be an 'end point'. That is the most worrying aspect.

If the Chairman was to come clean (I know, I know) and state that we will have to do 'x', 'y' and 'z' to ensure the longevitiy (sp) of the club and this means 'a', 'b' and 'c', most of the fans would be angry, but would grateful for being made aware and would get behind the plan.

We don't have a plan, we are a speeding train gathering pace and heading for wipeout - I may be melodramatic, I may feel the full wrath of SDM's words, but I genuinely fear for the future of Rangers Football Club. No, that isn't melodramatic enough - I believe we are in serious danger of not existing in a few years time.

Cammy F

Guest carmylebear

cammy, excellent article and i would say my bus agreed almost completely with what you have written. when it comes to substitutions smith has always been the same. why make a simple switch when you can move half the team around.

with 30 mins to go a good manager would have been putting on more forwards in an effort to win the game but instead we keep 4 at the back. i know big boogie was going forward but i firmly believe he made that decision as opposed to the management. this lot have wasted around �£28 million in the last 2 seasons and i would argue we have not improved one bit.

i have watched a few bad Rangers teams in my day and there is no doubt the current mob are right up there with them.

they should be ashamed to pull the famous blue jersey over their heads.

Excellent stuff mate....

Where is our hero on a white charger? Surely the millionaires who follow our team must be as upset as the rest of us?

do they exist? even if they did, is there a millionaire just now who isn't looking at the price of his housing and stock portfolios and is more annoyed at the state of his football club? you can only hope but i'm not that hopeful :(

If the Chairman was to come clean (I know, I know) and state that we will have to do 'x', 'y' and 'z' to ensure the longevitiy (sp) of the club and this means 'a', 'b' and 'c', most of the fans would be angry, but would grateful for being made aware and would get behind the plan.

this is what gets me the most. he's never once accepted that these are Trying Times, much less that he has a vision for taking us forward in them.

do they exist? even if they did, is there a millionaire just now who isn't looking at the price of his housing and stock portfolios and is more annoyed at the state of his football club? you can only hope but i'm not that hopeful :(

You're probably right mate but it's at times like these we look to our peers. :(

The manager was appointed by a panicing Chairman who realised that we are up shit creek and we lost the paddles a decade ago. We are spinning out of control and there doesn't appear to be an 'end point'. That is the most worrying aspect.

Walter was appointed for one reason and one reason only - he is a Murray yes man. Had he not been able to get Smith back after Le Guen left, I reckon SDM just might have been up shit creek. Instead he has managed to buy himself two more years of the downward spiral.

Walter was appointed for one reason and one reason only - he is a Murray yes man. Had he not been able to get Smith back after Le Guen left, I reckon SDM just might have been up shit creek. Instead he has managed to buy himself two more years of the downward spiral.

No doubt, he was a 'safe option'. Anyone who knows Walter Smith will know that Walter wouldn't have refused the offer to manage Rangers for a second time. That's why McCoist will replace Smith, another 'crowd pleaser' and the fans will be told that as McCoist is s legend, he deserves two or three seasons to prove himself. Ergo, SDM has bought himself another two or three years. Hey-presto, the majority of fans are happy, and Celtc are disappearing over the horizon and we'll be struggling to remain 2nd in a two horse race.

Cammy F

... Character, Discipline, Strength, Fitness, Innovation, Technique, Imagination, Ambition, Consistency, Motivation, Quality and Bottle.

All necessary virtues sadly lacking from the players and management team at our club.

Negativity is our buzzword and with a chairman who is AWOL and a chief executive who is incompetent, this has spread to the fans and is a factor that we see not only in online forums but across the board at Ibrox and beyond.

Is our future that bleak? Who can change it? Who really wants to?

It's no longer a case of 'Hullo Hullo' but 'Cheerio, Cheerio'. 'Ready' has never been more inappropriate.

:(

Clearly stated Frankie. Most appropriate and sadly accurate.

Excellent stuff mate....

Where is our hero on a white charger? Surely the millionaires who follow our team must be as upset as the rest of us?

A white charger? Kenny Scott will have you banned for that language........

As for our wealthy supporters, we all know some have spoken to SDM but for various reasons the deal has not happened. What i am suggesting is an alternative to a private deal. We need as a business a large cash injection and the sooner the better. In this instance i would like those who tried to broker a deal with Murray to test the water for public support for a share issue. I know many will say the last share issue was largely ignored but a new share issue with the result if successful meaning a change of ownership, could in my opinion turn out substantial support.

A white charger? Kenny Scott will have you banned for that language........

As for our wealthy supporters, we all know some have spoken to SDM but for various reasons the deal has not happened. What i am suggesting is an alternative to a private deal. We need as a business a large cash injection and the sooner the better. In this instance i would like those who tried to broker a deal with Murray to test the water for public support for a share issue. I know many will say the last share issue was largely ignored but a new share issue with the result if successful meaning a change of ownership, could in my opinion turn out substantial support.

No one with serious money will work with Murray. He is the single biggest barrier to investment in the club.