John Hartson. Oaf or fortune teller ? Discuss

Saying what a lot of Rangers Supporters are thinking, apart from Mendes.

PEDRO MENDES isn�t half the player Rangers fans think he is.

Kyle Lafferty is way out of his depth.

John Fleck is a child who could still be at school and can�t be relied upon.

Kenny Miller will NEVER score enough goals on a regular basis to win any team a championship title.

Davie Weir getting a new 12 month contract after his 39th birthday in May will sicken the club�s supporters.

Barry Ferguson isn�t yet close to being the dominating figure he used to be.

Do I really need to go on?

There you have the players Walter Smith is staking his reputation on to bring the SPL title to Ibrox.

But as things stand the Rangers boss must look at that lot and know himself he has NO CHANCE of winning the league.

Four-in-a-row is in the bag for Celtic. It�s over now.

Finished.

Anyone who tries to tell me differently either needs to sit down with a stiff drink � or watch a re-run of the Old Firm sides in action on Wednesday night.

At Kilmarnock you had one group of players going all out, busting a gut to get another crucial three points on the board.

In Glasgow there was another team showing no fight, no resilience and no desire to pip their greatest rivals to the post.

For me that performance and result at Ibrox was a shocking disgrace which only goes to show how big a problem Smith has.

The Rangers players are letting themselves, their club and their manager down.

Do they actually want a league winner�s medal, or what?

On the evidence of their display against Caley Thistle I really don�t think they do.

Winning titles takes bottle, but where was that when push came to shove on Wednesday?

Rangers were diabolical for the two years before Smith took charge again. They came close to European glory last season and deserve all the credit going for that.

But their shambolic end to the league campaign was papered over because of the hectic run of games in the final few weeks. They were given a convenient excuse.

What will these guys be saying this May when they watch Celtic clinch the title � again?

When are they going to stand up and be counted? I really would love to know because this can�t be allowed to go on much longer.

Advertisement

Some might choose to point the finger of blame at the manager as he�s the man who brought many of these players to the club in the first place.

But for me that�s way too simple. It�s not Walter Smith who is stepping on to the pitch week in week out. There is only so much he can say or do.

Lafferty for one has been given an opportunity he says is a lifelong dream. Really? You wouldn�t have thought that with the way the boy has been playing. Surely he must realise his chance of making it with Rangers is now on the verge of passing him by.

If he continues the way he�s going he�s going to be back at somewhere like Burnley before he knows it. Lafferty must run faster, jump higher, score more.

He�s the prime example of everything that�s wrong in that dressing room.

Lafferty thinks he�s achieved something by signing for Rangers when the truth of the matter is he�s done nothing.

He�s nowhere near good enough for the club if you ask me, but when I see him play it�s as though he thinks he�s got something special in his locker.

Mendes isn�t much better. I�ve heard people rave about him this season and clearly he�s got ability there and can see a pass.

But seeing it and making it are two totally different things.

More than that I just don�t see any biting aggression there from a player supposed to be competing in central midfield for a massive club.

You could say the same about Ferguson these days as he�s not dominating games like he used to, but for me he�s been dragged down to the level of those around him.

You can�t tell me he doesn�t want to stop Celtic winning the league.

I meet diehard Rangers fans in the street and they tell me they�re sick to death with what�s being served up.

The only reason they go along to see the games is because it�s in their blood.

It�s like everything they don�t have at Ibrox they see in spades across the city. Celtic were awesome against Kilmarnock with everyone pulling their weight.

Scott Brown was outstanding, snarling his way through the game.

Scott McDonald�s two goals were tremendous with his determination shining through all night.

Then there was Aiden McGeady picking the ball up on the halfway line, facing his man and running at him with pace. Who at Rangers can do that?

Kirk Broadfoot virtually gets a nosebleed whenever he steps out of his own half.

No, the league is done and dusted. Celtic allowed a seven point lead to slip once and must have been kicking themselves.

But they have been allowed to get off the hook and I don�t see them wasting their advantage a second time. Rangers simply can�t be that lucky.

I can just imagine what it was like in the away dressing room at Rugby Park after the game on Wednesday night.

You�d have had a group of players laughing their heads off.

Celtic won the league there two years ago � it will have felt like they did again.

P.S. Gordon Strachan is still despised by a large section of Celtic supporters. They don�t know they�re born. If four-in-a-row is delivered each and every one of them should sit down with a pen and paper and write him a

personal note of thanks. It�s the very least he�d deserve.

The very sight of Hartson on TV makes me want to change the channel but I'll tell you what guys, it's very difficult to disagree too much with what is being said here. Including the comment about Mendes, who is spoken about amongst the Rangers support more in hope than admiration. It's really galling to read this stuff written by someone who despises Rangers and know it's largely undeniable.

The one thing I take issue with is his deflection of blame away from the manager. If the manager cannot influence the situation then why the hell is there a manager at all. He chooses who we buy. He trains them, motivates them, organises them and in the end takes the credit or the blame. That's what managers do in any walk of life.

Someone in a position of responsibility has to take it on the chin for the diabolical state of Rangers today - club, team, the lot. If some of us are going to keep on absolving these people then they need to start telling us why. It certainly won't be for their performance.

I could do a similar hatchet job on the celtic players. Doesn't prove anything. Two crap teams. Bottle is probably the biggest factor.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Rangers are in no less disarray because of whatever situation exists at parkhead. I don't give a damn about celtic.

Hartson has identified Rangers has no leadership, neither on, nor off the pitch. Thus, he gets to say what he wants to say, because he can. It's the path of least resistance. Hartson knows there will be no retribution. Of course, there's a huge market out there that wants to hear it delivered in such a manner.

Whats his motivation? Five years at ra green'n'grey hoops? I don't think so, it's rejection, we did the arithmetic and put him back on the shelf.

I prefer to remember Hartson running down south after his wife left him. She discovered he was enjoying an extra marital tryst with a denominational teacher from North Lanarkshire. Hartson had put her up in a flat in Glasgow Harbour. The wife arrived at the Happy Eater front door of ra Stade de Gadd on a Sunday morning, dumping several black bin liners and a set of golf clubs on the stairs. Amazingly, well given the emphasis placed on happy family life by denominational schools, the teacher kept her job.

Rejection, it's a powerful motivation.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Rangers are in no less disarray because of whatever situation exists at parkhead.

Hence my "two crap teams" comment. However it's relevant in the context that it's an ex-celtic player commenting about us.

I don't give a damn about celtic.

Never said you did.

What he is saying about Rangers players and bottle is true, no matter who he is. He is also partly right about Mendes, who is not someone I would trust in a dogfight, he goes missing too much for me.

Where Hartson bottles it is on the managers, no blame on Smith for losing, yet praising Strachan for winning.

It is now up to Rangers...Players and Management.... to prove him wrong. This article should be pinned to the dressingroom wall, from now until the end of the season.

Edited by chilledbear
Wife threw me off pc, before I was finished!!!!!!

What he is saying about Rangers players and bottle is true, no matter who he is. He is also partly right about Mendes, who is not someone I would trust in a dogfight, he goes missing too much for me.

Where Hartson bottles it is on the managers, no blame on Smith for losing, yet praising Strachan for winning.

It is now up to Rangers...Players and Management.... to prove him wrong. This article should be pinned to the dressingroom wall, from now until the end of the season.

well super Ally says different so there :rolleyes:

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist says no-one at Ibrox is running scared of Celtic in the race for the Scottish Premier League title. (The Sun)

And McCoist has hit back at Rangers's critics who claim the squad lack bottle to prevent Celtic from securing a fourth consecutive title. (The Herald)