As you say, it's a moot point, the change will not happen.

I am undecided if it would be a good idea when we are still in the title race.

I understand why there are calls for change, but I am undecided if change now would be beneficial. Long term change must/will happen. But short term, it may make the difference, it may cost us the league.

I dont think for one minute Smith will walk before the league is over but we cant just turn up every week till the inevitble happens, and it will.

I cant stomach walters tactics anymore and i certainly cant bare to watch us implode in instalments like last year.

This time round theres no lucky Uefa cup run to hide behind and I reckon Smiths arse will be on a plate sooner rather than later.

A change may help but it is far from certain.

It is a moot point at this stage anyway. However, one more bad result could change that.

Unfortunately I don't see many realistic alternatives on the horizon for a replacement.

Steve McClaren! Doing fantastic at Twente. The players love him,the press love him and his team are probably the fittest team in Holland. While he has the fittest team(work rate) Twente have hardly had any serious injuries all season.

He was given the England job because he was known as a great coach and his failure at International level doesn't mean he is not a good club coach. I am sure he would jump at a chance to go back to Britain but he may hold out for a premiership job. A lack of financial backing is also going to influence any new manager coming in but Twente while in the black don't spend millions on players either.

A decent suggestion mate and I'll certainly bow to your superior knowledge of his current work.

No matter who we bring in, how long will the fans give him? Will he be expected to win the title? What budget will he get in the summer? Will he be expected to sell key players? What if he starts badly?

These questions aren't reasons for not bringing in a new manager but they are difficult nonetheless.

Personally i have always said a manager should be judged over a three year period. I still honestly believe PLG would have got it right(as he seems to have done at PSG) if given the time and backing. I have seen with Rangers on more occasions that the players make or break the manager. Advocaat, lost the dressing room. McLiesh lost the dressing room. PLG lost the dressing room. Even this season at Feynoord and PSV, they had their managers sacked because the players just would not play for them. Mostly this is caused by a clique who disrupt the dressing room by constant moaning. Sound familiar?

Remember Fergie(Alex) kicking Paul Ince out. Everyone thought he was crazy. Paul Ince was the dressing room moaner and no matter how good a player you are if you are having a negative influence then you have to go. Le Guen saw that with Barry Fergie but unfortunately was not up to the fight and got no backing from DM

Pete do you speak like Steve McClaren? :D

No i talk more sense.;)

Funny enough i have kept my Glaswegian accent even after almost 30 years abroad.

Jesus i was going to say 20 years and just realised it is almost 30 years.

I would hate to have a plastic Denis Law accent.