cammy, i've not been to ibrox in a while, so the kris boyd debate's all been in the abstract for me. goal to game ratio; comments made in the media. it wasn't until i saw a half-dead kyle lafferty, who'd busted his ass running about and actually producing things, being patted on the ass by boyd, telling him to hobble out towards the touchline to head the ball down the line, while he remained completely stationary, that i finally saw the anti-boyd argument in the flesh. it's just not right. he barely moved the whole game.

now, i've always defended boyd. always, so there's no no-matter-what-he-does-he-gets-criticism from me. i realise that it's just gut reaction; you look at him not moving and it's just awful, it affects your judgement. but i understand now in a way i haven't been able from watching him on the telly, and in clips, why people get some animated in their dislike for him. there are other mitigating factors like selection/formation, but i'm beginning to wonder if the like/dislike divide can be nealty dichotomised into see-him-in-the-flesh versus see-him-on-the-telly-or-through-match-reports. there's more to it all obviously, but ffs.

And it was great catching up with you on Saturday, even if it was just briefly m8 :cheers:

Cammy F

cammy, i've not been to ibrox in a while, so the kris boyd debate's all been in the abstract for me. goal to game ratio; comments made in the media. it wasn't until i saw a half-dead kyle lafferty, who'd busted his ass running about and actually producing things, being patted on the ass by boyd, telling him to hobble out towards the touchline to head the ball down the line, while he remained completely stationary, that i finally saw the anti-boyd argument in the flesh. it's just not right. he barely moved the whole game.

now, i've always defended boyd. always, so there's no no-matter-what-he-does-he-gets-criticism from me. i realise that it's just gut reaction; you look at him not moving and it's just awful, it affects your judgement. but i understand now in a way i haven't been able from watching him on the telly, and in clips, why people get some animated in their dislike for him. there are other mitigating factors like selection/formation, but i'm beginning to wonder if the like/dislike divide can be nealty dichotomised into see-him-in-the-flesh versus see-him-on-the-telly-or-through-match-reports. there's more to it all obviously, but ffs.

Excellent point. There's a lot that you don't see when your just watching it on the TV.

And it was great catching up with you on Saturday, even if it was just briefly m8 :cheers:

Cammy F

aye man, twas good to see you - not seen you in ages! really good meeting ian too :cheers: after the first half it looked like it was to be the best day ever. really dont know how people can stand not to be in TBO; it's like being at a different game. when their first goal went in though the capitulation looked horribly inevitable. when dundee utd scored yesterday i began to allow myself to think back about how much i thoroughly enjoyed the day as a whole. not been to ibrox in ages, and it was good to be back. but you look around and see the little optimism left in people's faces who have spent a whole year's worth of saturday and sunday's, and money and time, and investment of emotion just disappear with 45 minutes of ineptitude and it makes your own watching-it-on-the-telly woes seem a little less serious.

aye man, twas good to see you - not seen you in ages! really good meeting ian too :cheers: after the first half it looked like it was to be the best day ever. really dont know how people can stand not to be in TBO; it's like being at a different game. when their first goal went in though the capitulation looked horribly inevitable. when dundee utd scored yesterday i began to allow myself to think back about how much i thoroughly enjoyed the day as a whole. not been to ibrox in ages, and it was good to be back. but you look around and see the little optimism left in people's faces who have spent a whole year's worth of saturday and sunday's, and money and time, and investment of emotion just disappear with 45 minutes of ineptitude and it makes your own watching-it-on-the-telly woes seem a little less serious.

Nice to meet you as well Barry, sitting with TBO certainly is the place to watch the games with a guaranteed atmosphere :rfc:

Nice to meet you as well Barry, sitting with TBO certainly is the place to watch the games with a guaranteed atmosphere :rfc:

If only there were a bar in TBO section, then it would be perfect :)

Cammy F

I hope my seat is still intact Barry :whistle:

I hope my seat is still intact Barry :whistle:

hehe, there might be a bite mark on it somewhere - there's only so much frustration a man can take. :devil:

thanks for the ticket mate. :cheers:

i owe you all many pint.jpgs