Based on number of MOTM awards won so far, it's probably between Mendes and Davis for Player of the Year.

Although I don't agree with much of the criticism those two have been receiving lately, I'd still go for Bougherra and Lafferty for the 2 awards.

Based on number of MOTM awards won so far, it's probably between Mendes and Davis for Player of the Year.

Although I don't agree with much of the criticism those two have been receiving lately, I'd still go for Bougherra and Lafferty for the 2 awards.

That's flawed in the same way as the new F1 system though.

Consistency over an entire season rather then being the best in half a dozen games.

As you correctly point out, Bougherra is the obvious choice.

Hadn't really considered Lafferty for YPOTY. Guess he wins that by default. I.e. No real competition.

I'm guessing that very few people would have gone for Lafferty 6 weeks ago, as he had been fairly crap up to that point. :whistle:

I'm still not convinced. It's just a case of he's the youngster with the most first team appearances. (Would be insulting to give Davis YPOTY imo).

I'm guessing that very few people would have gone for Lafferty 6 weeks ago, as he had been fairly crap up to that point. :whistle:

Very true. If Fleck & Aaron had been given more than a handful of games between them, both would be more deserving of the award imo, as Lafferty has been really poor in the majority of games he's played. When you look at it that way it's a tough decision.

Think I'll change my vote to Fleck :D

Depends how young you have to be and at what point you have to be that age...

If it's 23 and under at the start of the season then how about any from:

Smith (23) , Davis (23), Thomson (23), Edu (22), Furman (20), Adam (22), Fleck (17), Aaron (19), Naismith (21) and Lafferty (20)?

(age at start of season in brackets)

Can't be Thomson a he's missed half the season. Smith? Yeah right! Davis? No way will he win it. Edu? Only played about 4 first team games. Furman? Not had a sniff at the 1st team. Adam? Pffffft. Fleck? Promising youngster. That's all. Aaron? Whooo? Naismith? Done nothing all season. Lafferty? Possibly him.

WS has brought in 6 of those players, 5 of which were regulars for their previous clubs. So, as for experience they already had it. Aaron is the 6th player who didn't play any 1st team games or played very few for Valencia so lacks any decent 1st team experience and WS despite bringing him in on loan has refused to play him.

My comment on the anti-youth policy WS seems to have is more about giving youth players an opportunity in the 1st team, not about players he's bought who already have plenty 1st team exeprience.

My POTY vote goes to Davie Weir despite some of the clangers he's made. To still be performing to such a high standard at his age is absolutely outstanding imo. Ok, he's got his faults like everyone, but his overall performance this season has been excellent.

My POTY vote goes to Davie Weir despite some of the clangers he's made. To still be performing to such a high standard at his age is absolutely outstanding imo. Ok, he's got his faults like everyone, but his overall performance this season has been excellent.

Better shout than Mendes imo, but still can't see by Bougherra. 1 bad game at Tynecastle.