Rangers v St Mirren ââ?¬â?? Match Report & Players Ratings

I agree with Edu as MOTM, and generally agree with most of the player ratings. Perhaps a tad harsh on Weir and Smith and certainly far too generous on Dailly, who was shocking all day and only deserved perhaps 2/10. And that is because he was part of a defensive clean sheet and for putting his shirt on correctly!

I agree with Cammy (sorry gisabeer).

I thought Stevie Smith was pretty poor yesterday. He didn't offer himself to Whittaker very often and, more often than not, Whittaker was more of an attacking threat than Smith.

He also ball-watched at times, floating inside and leaving his man out wide.

His set piece taking was terrible. At one point I actually wondered whether he had the leg strength to get the ball past the first man. He continually hit the first defender. And in open play when he got the ball he also failed to get the ball past the first defender.

To be fair to him though, he STILL was no worse than anyone else that has played out on the left this season.

Conversely to you saying that you think Cammy might not like the guy because of the rating given him it could be said that you perhaps have rose-tinted specs on when it comes to Smith.

Whittaker was far more effective than Stevie Smith yesterday but to be fair to SS I think that when Whittaker got forward he covered for Whittaker well.

I agree with Cammy (sorry gisabeer).

I thought Stevie Smith was pretty poor yesterday. He didn't offer himself to Whittaker very often and, more often than not, Whittaker was more of an attacking threat than Smith.

He also ball-watched at times, floating inside and leaving his man out wide.

His set piece taking was terrible. At one point I actually wondered whether he had the leg strength to get the ball past the first man. He continually hit the first defender. And in open play when he got the ball he also failed to get the ball past the first defender.

To be fair to him though, he STILL was no worse than anyone else that has played out on the left this season.

Conversely to you saying that you think Cammy might not like the guy because of the rating given him it could be said that you perhaps have rose-tinted specs on when it comes to Smith.

Whittaker was far more effective than Stevie Smith yesterday but to be fair to SS I think that when Whittaker got forward he covered for Whittaker well.

No craig i dont have the rose tinted where hes concerned but i dont think hes been half as bad as hes being made out here. he rarely loses the ball and his set pieces werent that bad, in fact he put in quite a few that boyd and velichka should have been challenging for but were no where to be seen.

his second half performance, like everyone else in the side was cetainly worth some merit.

No craig i dont have the rose tinted where hes concerned but i dont think hes been half as bad as hes being made out here. he rarely loses the ball and his set pieces werent that bad, in fact he put in quite a few that boyd and velichka should have been challenging for but were no where to be seen.

his second half performance, like everyone else in the side was cetainly worth some merit.

Fair enough my man, all about opinions.

I think Stevie Smith is a great wee player and I want him to do well as I still think he could be our long term left back.

But yesterday I thought he looked bereft of ideas, offering nothing going forward - and that might be because WS asked him to help Whittaker shackle Dorman.

I thought all of his set pieces were terrible. I don't recall him hitting any FK's but his corners were awful (again, to be fair, we havent had anyone who could hit a corner this season, or for the last few seasons !!).

Maybe I am expecting too much from him, but I thought he was a bit anonymous throughout the game.

Having said that, his sublime cross-field ball to Davis for the build up to the first goal shouldnt go without mention.

He has done as good as anyone else in that position and while he did have quite a poor game yesterday he is doing well enough to retain his place in the team,IMO. Also the fact that he has been out of the first team for so long it does/will take a few games to get back up to speed

He has done as good as anyone else in that position and while he did have quite a poor game yesterday he is doing well enough to retain his place in the team,IMO. Also the fact that he has been out of the first team for so long it does/will take a few games to get back up to speed

Couldnt agree more. Has done better than any of the others at LM this season and more consistent.

Deserves to retain his place.