Now is not the time to hope for the "making of" players. Edu is too lightweight and inexperienced for the OF, end of story. He can't cope with 2 men on him where as barry can hold the ball and make a pass whether it be "creative" or not. You can't create if you don't have the bloody ball. Hope Barry plays, as does the majority of Ibrox from what I can guage.

Now is not the time to hope for the "making of" players. Edu is too lightweight and inexperienced for the OF, end of story. He can't cope with 2 men on him where as barry can hold the ball and make a pass whether it be "creative" or not. You can't create if you don't have the bloody ball. Hope Barry plays, as does the majority of Ibrox from what I can guage.

Get your hard hat on and take cover................:whistle:

I find it amusing on both sides. In the one corner you have the "Barry-haters" and in the other you have the "Barry-lovers".

We can talk about BF till we are blue in the face - but when was the last time he actually had a good game against Celtic ?

Don't get me wrong, BF is/was a quality player but for too long now he has got by on past reputation. Sure, he may have been as effective as any of our other midfielders this season but that hardly says much does it ? Our midfield has been gash for pretty much the whole season.

In fact, the ONLY midfielder who DOESN'T deserve to be dropped is Edu - the one midfielder who WILL be dropped if BF is to play.

I find it amusing on both sides. In the one corner you have the "Barry-haters" and in the other you have the "Barry-lovers".

We can talk about BF till we are blue in the face - but when was the last time he actually had a good game against Celtic ?

Don't get me wrong, BF is/was a quality player but for too long now he has got by on past reputation. Sure, he may have been as effective as any of our other midfielders this season but that hardly says much does it ? Our midfield has been gash for pretty much the whole season.

In fact, the ONLY midfielder who DOESN'T deserve to be dropped is Edu - the one midfielder who WILL be dropped if BF is to play.

Agreed Craig, I am not saying he should play, I'm arguing against the pure hatred shown towards him, and this is the main reason some fans don't want him back in the team, for me he is still our best midfield player even though he has not reached his previous form, and then you get '' we've won 6 games without him '', can't argue with that, but for me one player doesn't win or loose you games, it's quite pathetic IMO

Agreed Craig, I am not saying he should play, I'm arguing against the pure hatred shown towards him, and this is the main reason some fans don't want him back in the team, for me he is still our best midfield player even though he has not reached his previous form, and then you get '' we've won 6 games without him '', can't argue with that, but for me one player doesn't win or loose you games, it's quite pathetic IMO

I agree. I have never really seen the logic behind the "we have won 6 games without him therefore we dont need him" mentality.

Have we won 6 games without him ? Yes.

Would we have won 6 games WITH him ? Who knows.

And just because it hadnt happened all season doesnt mean it is BF's fault. The reality is that Rangers should be going on a run of AT LEAST 10 winning games - the only time our run really should be close to halting should be against Celtic.

It could be argued that we are now simply winning games we always should. Is the team better without BF in it ? None of us can say for sure, either way. It could be that Edu+BF would be better than Edu+Mendes (but we know Mendes has been poor for a while, so would Edu+BF be any worse ?????).

I think there is a lot of people, like myself, that don't hate Barry but think he has less and less to offer as the years go by. To me, he's a shadow of his former self and has very few genuinely good games where he really makes a difference.

I've been too busy to watch much lately but Edu is getting rave reviews and at the same time we're on our best run of the season. Hard to know if that is connected or coincidence but my gut instinct seems to want to stick with something that seems to be working.

However, according to reports on here, the midfield is still below what it should be which is very worrying coming into such a massive, massive game.

So could it be that Barry isn't the problem, but it's more to do with the form of Mendes and Davis while the left mid position has been a huge problem?

Many will point to Davis playing out of position which may not help things so maybe he should come inside and play in place of the Portuguese play-maker, relegating the latter to the bench.

But then who would play on the right? - Novo and Whittaker (if Broadfoot fit) are the only two I can think of.

I think Walter will stick rather than twist and it will be Davis Edu Mendes and Smith - and maybe someone else to join them in a holding role in front of the defence - how about Barry?

Edu is to lightweight for OF games? Explain that one considering he's never played in one before.

:confused: