At last, today we find out if our players have the bottle.

They haven't answered the question yet as the league is far from won. they did show a lot of bottle though.

John was asking do they have bottle. Today they showed they did.

How much? Well we have 3 games to find out! :rfc:

John was asking do they have bottle. Today they showed they did.

How much? Well we have 3 games to find out! :rfc:

Very often the easy part is getting to the top of the league. The hard part is staying there.

Very often the easy part is getting to the top of the league. The hard part is staying there.

Probably a very valid point.

What we need to concentrate on is 3 wins from very winnable games if we apply ourselves correctly = the title.

Regardless though Pete, they DID show they have bottle. Do they have the bottle to keep themselves where they are ? Hopefully but we just dont know.

The Tims have a VERY tricky game on Tuesday night against Utd and we could find ourselves still in front after that game. But we MUST beat Hibs on Wednesday night to maintain the momentum.

They haven't answered the question yet as the league is far from won. they did show a lot of bottle though.

No, i disagree. My question was can you show us enough bottle that will show we can go on and win the league and they sure did that.

Moreso infact i'd say, which is more than what i wanted, but by god do we have some fighters in that side when they really put there minds to it!:rfc:

TBH guys i really believe we can go on and win the title, this game was the biggest old firm game in years and im sure during the weekly training sessions the players would have been reminded just how important this game is and whats at stake, and thankfully we went on and got our win and went top and at this point of the season with three games to go and no time to carry passengers? these players went out and duly conducted themselves in a manner which is required to play for a team like rangers, commitment dedication and hunger...:rfc: oh and i got pished as afart last night and had a great time like 45, 000 other bears

Good point Gers4life.

Watching yesterdays game i was taken by the spirit and the desire to win by a few players i hadn't really considered to be like that before.

Neil Alexander showed he is a class, class goalie yesterday remaining calm and doing everything right. I was very impressed with his spurring on his team mates too. I now rate him above McGregor. Not just because of yesterday but because of the last few games and the latter part of last season where he impressed then also. I actually feel he hasn't had a bad game for us yet(touch wood)

Christian Dailly Yesterday i think he had his best ever game for us. I think he may have been helped though by Strachans decision to play Maloney instead of McGeedy. He really had Maloney in his pocket. He gave the ball away a few times as usual but he got past the Celtic wing back and put in a few crosses and also defended fairly well. I think he has had a word with himself tbh

Steven Whittaker You can see this boys confidence growing now he has a run in the team. I always thought he needed exactly that and hopefully he'll continue to play well. He is definetly a confidence player and needs to be winning to get the best out of him. Left back is actually better for him than right back the now. But i just hope he can play as well at RB when Papac comes back in at LB.

Pedro Mendes He may have benefited from not having a hatchet man like Brown around as i really think he is a bit scared of Brown. In the last Old firm game Brown chopped him a few times and you could see he was put off from that and he didnt play well.

Pedro needs to be given freedom away from players like that to flourish and thats maybe why he did because Hartley got an early yellow and Crosas is a timid fairy. But also for the first time i saw Mendes putting his foot into tackles and tracking back much better than ever before with a Gers jersey on.

Steven Smith Another confidence player, i think Walter and Ally had a word with him and maybe asked him to toughen up his game a wee bit. He isnt known as a hard tackler but the tackle he got booked for was a bit of a shocker and i was suprised it came from Smith. What i like about Smith yesterday was he kept his head down and got on with the job. He helped stifle Nakamura too and has done him self a big favour and could get the next 3 games infront of Fleck, Lafferty etc if he continues to graft the way he did yesterday and in previous gamers.

Kris Boyd Obviously he let us all down by having a replay of the miss against Borac in the December game against Celtic at Ibrox. But he has definetly pushed himself to improve his overall game. The amount of high balls punted forward he got his head or chest too yesterday, and at least tried to get his team mates into the game with was a Massive change for him. He is trying so so hard to impress Smith and the Gers fans that i am willing to forgive him for that terrible miss against Borac.

Obviosly the other players like Davis, Weir, Bougherra and Edu don't need to step up there game as they really are on top of it at the mo.

I just hope these players don't rest on their laurels now, as they must be made awre now that we cannot affoard to go into the next 3 games defensively, or too cocky.

But, lets rap this title up by starting with another win against Hibs on Wednesday.:rfc::rfc:

Edited by John Barr

Agreed john, im sure we wont rest on our laurels as nothing is won yet!

yes we are in a position where most clubs would like to be with three games remaining in there leagues! but we sure as hell know what has to be done to achieve our goal and im sure ally, walter and kenny will be reminding the team just what we have to do to get there. WATP :thup:

Good point Gers4life.

Watching yesterdays game i was taken by the spirit and the desire to win by a few players i hadn't really considered to be like that before.

Neil Alexander showed he is a class, class goalie yesterday remaining calm and doing everything right. I was very impressed with his spurring on his team mates too. I now rate him above McGregor. Not just because of yesterday but because of the last few games and the latter part of last season where he impressed then also. I actually feel he hasn't had a bad game for us yet(touch wood)

Christian Dailly Yesterday i think he had his best ever game for us. I think he may have been helped though by Strachans decision to play Maloney instead of McGeedy. He really had Maloney in his pocket. He gave the ball away a few times as usual but he got past the Celtic wing back and put in a few crosses and also defended fairly well. I think he has had a word with himself tbh

Steven Whittaker You can see this boys confidence growing now he has a run in the team. I always thought he needed exactly that and hopefully he'll continue to play well. He is definetly a confidence player and needs to be winning to get the best out of him. Left back is actually better for him than right back the now. But i just hope he can play as well at RB when Papac comes back in at LB.

Pedro Mendes He may have benefited from not having a hatchet man like Brown around as i really think he is a bit scared of Brown. In the last Old firm game Brown chopped him a few times and you could see he was put off from that and he didnt play well.

Pedro needs to be given freedom away from players like that to flourish and thats maybe why he did because Hartley got an early yellow and Crosas is a timid fairy. But also for the first time i saw Mendes putting his foot into tackles and tracking back much better than ever before with a Gers jersey on.

Steven Smith Another confidence player, i think Walter and Ally had a word with him and maybe asked him to toughen up his game a wee bit. He isnt known as a hard tackler but the tackle he got booked for was a bit of a shocker and i was suprised it came from Smith. What i like about Smith yesterday was he kept his head down and got on with the job. He helped stifle Nakamura too and has done him self a big favour and could get the next 3 games infront of Fleck, Lafferty etc if he continues to graft the way he did yesterday and in previous gamers.

Kris Boyd Obviously he let us all down by having a replay of the miss against Borac in the December game against Celtic at Ibrox. But he has definetly pushed himself to improve his overall game. The amount of high balls punted forward he got his head or chest too yesterday, and at least tried to get his team mates into the game with was a Massive change for him. He is trying so so hard to impress Smith and the Gers fans that i am willing to forgive him for that terrible miss against Borac.

Obviosly the other players like Davis, Weir, Bougherra and Edu don't need to step up there game as they really are on top of it at the mo.

I just hope these players don't rest on their laurels now, as they must be made awre now that we cannot affoard to go into the next 3 games defensively, or too cocky.

But, lets rap this title up by starting with another win against Hibs on Wednesday.:rfc::rfc:

You were obviously watching a different Stevie Smith than i was. He was a nightmare and Whitteker was up against two men at times.