http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/5230772.stm

Ricksen advised to leave Rangers

Fernando Ricksen has no future at Rangers

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen believes defender Fernando Ricksen should try to find a new club.

"I told him (Ricksen) that perhaps it would be better to leave and discover another context and asked him to think about it," said Le Guen.

Ricksen was sent home from Rangers' pre-season tour of South Africa following an incident on a flight.

He returned to Glasgow this week but was not permitted to train with the rest of the first team squad.

Ricksen checked into the Sporting Chance Clinic following his premature return from South Africa and underwent residential counselling for anger management.

However, it appears he has no future at Rangers, with Le Guen saying: "Perhaps it would be best for everybody", when asked if he thought Ricksen should find another club.

The 30-year-old Dutchman, who arrived at Rangers in 2000, has one year of his contract at Ibrox to run.

Good riddence as far as I'm concernd. Only played when he was trying to win a contract.

He disrespected the managers and the club as a whole.

Sianara Fernando, one day you'll realise how good you had it.

One season out of six for 4.5 million and at least the same in wages... What a waste. The million pounds in wages for last year was one of Ecks biggest wastes of money. Add that to at least 1.5M for Fanfan and Bernard's wages and you start to wonder what we could have done with the money.

I've never been a fan of Ricksen and I'll be glad to see him go, however I've a feeling he'll be hanging around like a bad smell as no-one will match his wages, he's way overpaid.

Once again I have to ask why AM gets blamed for Martin Bain's work? Martin Bain agreed contract and wages for both Ricksen and Bernard, not AM.

As for Ricksen, AM wanted to sack him after he thro a Rangers director (who couldn't swim) into a swimming pool, only for David Murray to over-rule his decision as sacking him would cost too much money.

Yip, AM has a lot to answer for, but not on the contract front.

Cammy F

Why didn't Eck let Ricksen go at the end of the season before last? He must have said he wanted him and knew his wage demands.

But I just don't buy the notion that the manager has nothing to do with how much the players get paid.

The manager has a wage budget and has to pick a squad to fit that budget. How can he do that with no knowlege of how much a player will be paid. How many times have we heard that Eck couldn't sign a new player till someone leaves to free up a wage?

Bain might be doing the negotiation but I'm sure that Eck will have set the limits and given him a good idea of how much he's worth.

DM says that PLG has full control of all first team footballing matters. I'm sure that means he has full say in whether a player stays or goes and the ball park figure of every players wages.

I'm presume the board set the wage structure but it will be lower, not higher than the manager would like as you seem to be suggesting. I also didn't hear Eck complaining that Bernard's and Ricksen's wages were more than he'd like.

Eck chose the players and he did it in full knowlegde that both their wages would be high.

Its time for him to leave, he has alot of fight in him and had one fantastic season for us.

But all in all it would be very difficult for him to get the fans and probably half the squad back on his side after his behaviour.

Calscot, Martin Bain is full control of transfer fees and wages - that is HIS job.

It is a well known fact that David Murray REFUSED to sack Ricksen after he thro a Rangers director into a swimming pool - the only reason - MONEY.

If PLG has control of players wages and transfer budgets, why hasn't he signed Beckham, Zidane, Michael Owen etc?

Matin Bain and David Murray set the wage budget, the manager has to fit his players into that - the manager supplies Bain with a list of players and Bain tries to sign them and fit them into the wage structure - nothing to do with the manager.

cammy F