I think the exciting thing about his signings is that they won this year despite not exactly playing to their full capability. Many have shown flashes of what they can do which will hopefully develop in the coming seasons.

The team were a bit dodgy at the beginning of the season but have had a really strong finish, and now look like a team in the making.

I thought there was a chance we'd sack Walter bring in a nothing special manager and then have to rebuild all over again. However, as time goes on it appears that Walter HAS actually built a team with a bit of shelf life.

We should be able to keep Bougherra now - at least until we're out of Europe as he really won't want to miss that. Then we have the likes of the exciting Whittaker who should start to show his class regularly next season, Davis - who can now work to get back to his Aston Villa levels, Lafferty - who has had a traumatic but ultimately successful season which will see him mature massively, Edu - who really has come on leaps and bounds and will give the excellent Thomson a massive fight for a midfield place.

All those players are still pretty young and there's more youth in the rest of the squad.

I think Ferguson and MacGregor will go and should be able to bring in enough to balance the books, meaning we can spend some of the CL money - which has to be done as an "investment" in the true sense of the word.

I for one want Walter here next season as we still need a steady hand and I'd find it hard to bear another lost gamble.

Walter - 8 titles, a runners up by 2 points and a runners up by 3 points - a true legend who guarantees that he'll always take it to the last game of the season, and usually win.

I'm trying so hard not to have a dig at WS tonight.

His team selection and tactics today were spot on. We needed the early goal and we got it.

Retire on a high Walter.

Sorry not a Walter fan. I thank him for the SPL trophy but to be honest i would prefer a more exciting manager next season. We are in the CL and to think we will be strapped to our own 16mtr line for most of the games doesn't really excite me.Sorry just the way i see it.

Sorry not a Walter fan. I thank him for the SPL trophy but to be honest i would prefer a more exciting manager next season. We are in the CL and to think we will be strapped to our own 16mtr line for most of the games doesn't really excite me.Sorry just the way i see it.

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.............me I can't think of anybody better :rfc:

Well, the Walter Smith snipers should stay in doors tonight, save your comments for another day, Because this is a day for celebrating the way he took us from thwe brink, to the top by 4 points.

I'm not going to argue for or against the guy tonight, thats for another time.

Lets all just have a party tonight!!!:rfc::cheers::rfc:

Well, the Walter Smith snipers should stay in doors tonight, save your comments for another day, Because this is a day for celebrating the way he took us from thwe brink, to the top by 4 points.

I'm not going to argue for or against the guy tonight, thats for another time.

Lets all just have a party tonight!!!:rfc::cheers::rfc:

Totally agree.