Transfer rumour...

Its just dawned on me, i read last week that Webster cant sign for another SPL club while under this stage of his Hearts contract so it doesnt look like we can sign him.

I think Blackburn or Wigan will get him anyway.

While not his biggest fan, I think we could get him fairly cheap and on a reasonable wage and as such would make a decent backup player, especially with the lack of depth at centre back and the pelters our central duo are taking.

While not his biggest fan, I think we could get him fairly cheap and on a reasonable wage and as such would make a decent backup player, especially with the lack of depth at centre back and the pelters our central duo are taking.

My thoughts exactly calscot. he may not be first choice but would be god back up, wouldn't cost much (and thereby hopefully retaining some fees for further strengthening) and his wages would be reasonable.

A dcent squad signing - and if we get Fan Fan off the books his wages alone woul cover the fee and possibly even Webster's wages over 1-2 seasons.

and if we get Fan Fan off the books his wages alone woul cover the fee and possibly even Webster's wages over 1-2 seasons.

I think Fan Fan will be given a chance as backup this season. He has experience and I don't think he's as bad a player as most people make him out to be. There were some dodgy goings on when he was signed and I think this is the main reason Eck never played him and in the few times he did feature he was mostly played out of position.

I can't think of many of Eck's misfits that have had much of a chance under Le Guen so I reckon the players in question have behaved in a way that is unacceptable to the new gaffer as he demands a lot of respect.

Klos, Kyrgiakos, Zurab, Fanfan, Bernard and Ricksen are all out in the cold.

Waterreus and Lovenkrands were the ones extended olive branches but they rebuffed them.

I think Andrews and Malcolm are just not considered good enough.

I've been a fan of Webster for a while and I think if we can get him we should definitely go for him. Given his age, potential, current level of play, knowledge of the Scottish game and wages he'd be after, I think he'd be a good signing for us. I'm not sure whether PLG rates him though.