cant believe people want naismith gone, after getting no time or games to return from injury.

players don't get much of chance with us do they :(

I would give him at least another year and hopefully an injury free pre season will help him get back to his best for next season..........

I agree with them all apart from our top goal scorer of course :giruy: and without his goals the title would not have been possible, you cannot say otherwise. What are you going to slag him off about now seeing as he has helped us big time in winning the title, a thing you kept going on about in the past :yawn:

He gets credit where credit is due and well done to him for finally putting in a few shifts that should be the expected thing in a Gers shirt anyway!

But next season i want to see a team who gives 100% in every game, we might not necessarily get a 10/10 from them but at least the effort is there! Under Boyd we wont get that and from a team point of view it would be better he moved on.

He gets credit where credit is due and well done to him for finally putting in a few shifts that should be the expected thing in a Gers shirt anyway!

But next season i want to see a team who gives 100% in every game, we might not necessarily get a 10/10 from them but at least the effort is there! Under Boyd we wont get that and from a team point of view it would be better he moved on.

So you would rather have the likes of 2 kenny millers up front than someone like Boyd to play alongside him brilliant :admin: so who can you recommend that will give you 100% and score the same amount of goals and someone we can afford :confused:

where would buffel fit in this team for you :fish:

Bring back seboooooooo :whistle:

So what is Naismiths best position, striker or left mid?

I'd keep him because of the CL rules ie you need 4 homegrown players in the 25 picked from the squad.

Alexander, 2nd keeper, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Thomson, Miller, Boyd.

Possibles from Weir, Webster, Smith and Fleck as well as Naismith.

Plenty to choose from.

So what is Naismiths best position, striker or left mid?

I'd keep him because of the CL rules ie you need 4 homegrown players in the 25 picked from the squad.

I don't see him as a left midfielder. Striker, I guess, but we have better options.

I just don't rate him though.

Alexander, 2nd keeper, Whittaker, Broadfoot, Thomson, Miller, Boyd.

Possibles from Weir, Webster, Smith and Fleck as well as Naismith.

Plenty to choose from.

We have a pretty decent Scottish number of players. However, Boyd might leave, Fleck won't get a sniff of european action under Smith, Webster will get punted. Smith won't get a game as he's not 1st choice left back anymore and was pretty average at best in the LM position and our new backup GK might not be Scottish.

It'll be tight.

Boyd has improved, of that there is no doubt. He is STILL scoring but he is now also putting in a shift (just look at his effort at Tannadice - and that is not the ONLY time this season either) and he is also linking play up better.

Selling him and using the funds to get a replacement is very, very risky - we are not guaranteed to get a better replacement - and we know we can't afford to waste money these days. So why get rid of a proven SPL scorer and one who recently seems to want to improve ?

As S_A says, we have NOT ONE striker who is consistent, yet we want to ship out the only one who consistently scores goals. So we would rather sell an inconsistent prolific goalscorer and keep an inconsistent striker who is nowhere near as prolific. Surely I am not the only one who sees the idiocy in that ?

gisabeer, I am surprised that you want to keep Stevie Smith due to his "potential" but wouldn't be too bothered about Whittaker moving on. Whittaker has shown more this season than Stevie Smith has. Personally I would keep both. Whittaker is still young and, going forward, he is a very decent option - what he needs is LOTS of coaching on how to defend properly. Stevie Smith is merely a back-up LB at this point and certainly not a LM in my opinion. We need a natural LM in that position and Smith isn't inventive enough going forward.

Ferguson or Mendes ? I wouldnt be too disappointed if either of them left. Ferguson IS past it and Mendes flatters to deceive far too often.

I keep saying we need a creative midfielder and that could be the case. But then I look at Man U and they often play with 2 holding midfielders/ball winners at CM and then their flair is out wide and with 2 strikers up top they have one of them dropping off the front line to help create. Any reason we couldnt do that with Thomson and Edu as our holding midfielders ? means we need to buy the creativity though.....

I would sell McGregor. Quality keeper, but Alexander has done a very good job and NEVER let us down. McGregor would command a decent fee.

McCulloch - no brainer. Very poor. Beasley I would say likewise, he is far too inconsistent.

I would keep Velicka, Miller, Boyd, Novo up front. Velicka can come in handy if Boyd is injured/suspended/off-form. Miller offers us something different from Boyd and Velicka i.e. movement. Novo too and Novo is adaptable enough to play RM if needed as well.

Boyd has improved, of that there is no doubt. He is STILL scoring but he is now also putting in a shift (just look at his effort at Tannadice - and that is not the ONLY time this season either) and he is also linking play up better.

Selling him and using the funds to get a replacement is very, very risky - we are not guaranteed to get a better replacement - and we know we can't afford to waste money these days. So why get rid of a proven SPL scorer and one who recently seems to want to improve ?

As S_A says, we have NOT ONE striker who is consistent, yet we want to ship out the only one who consistently scores goals. So we would rather sell an inconsistent prolific goalscorer and keep an inconsistent striker who is nowhere near as prolific. Surely I am not the only one who sees the idiocy in that ?

No, you're not the only one. Selling Boyd would be a travesty imo. I think he's going to keep improving his game & just get better & better. All the signs are there, that if he continues to improve aspects of his game that are lacking just as he's been doing this season, we could have a world class striker on our hands. I just ignore the flaws being nit picked because you can be sure that those flaws are being ironed out. We've certainly seen evidence of it & don't see any reason why Boyd or the people coaching him would stop trying to improve his game. If he stays & gets the same game time next season, I can see him breaking the 40 goal barrier. Now, there actually aren't that many strikers in Europe that break the 40 goal mark, so selling Boydy for something insulting like 4m would be very very bad business, no matter how much we paid killie for him.