All main Rangers websites contacted so far I believe, have agreed to add this petition to their boards and sites. Please keep the comments sensible and factual. This petition will then be handed to the BBC at the beginning of the new season. Please send this to as many Bears as possible.

Thanks!

http://www.gopetition.com/online/28312.html

"Thanks for your e-mail. Your comments were passed to the Editor, who has asked that I forward his response as follows: "Thank you for getting in touch. I apologise sincerely for this oversight. You are quite right to complain about the omission of this important football semi-final match between, StMirren and Rangers, in the Homecoming Scottish Cup. We can offer no excuses for our failure not to carry a preview report. I have spoken to the producer and he has apologised to me for this error. I hope it is one that will not be repeated."

Thanks once again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards Claire Jordan BBC Complaints"

I missed the above incident at the time, but in my defence so did the BBC. :whistle:

That is shocking. Tbh too tired to give anything other than trivial matters my full concentration. Already quite anti the licence fee so will be interested to see the full position of the petition.

What is the legality of "boycotting" the TV licence? Can you just write them a note explaining you are not paying for it for the reasons listed in the petition? Or would you have to back it up by not tuning in a TV? is it just BBC channels that are covered by the licence? e.g. is watching itv without a tv licence legal? what about the radio?

Many questions...

One thing that I'm not in any doubt over is how poor some of the highlighted incidents are. Here's hoping for parity...

What is the legality of "boycotting" the TV licence? Can you just write them a note explaining you are not paying for it for the reasons listed in the petition? Or would you have to back it up by not tuning in a TV? is it just BBC channels that are covered by the licence? e.g. is watching itv without a tv licence legal? what about the radio?

You're allowed to have a TV hooked up to a games console or DVD player without a TV license. It's the act of watching TV programmes (any channels) either live or recorded on a TV, DVD or video recorder, digital box, computer or mobile phone. If you do so & admit as much or it's proven, it's illegal & you can be fined up to �£1000 + legal costs. If you're fined & don't pay the fine, you can be jailed. TV licensing is a division of the BBC.

Many questions...

One thing that I'm not in any doubt over is how poor some of the highlighted incidents are. Here's hoping for parity...

Having anything with the capability of viewing t.v. requires a t.v. license (i.e. would include computer with broadband) I believe.

Legally you can't refuse payment.

Though there is at least one website with a guy who has not paid in about 3 years and he posts each of the letters they send him, but it just appears to go round in circles and he never pays.

Having anything with the capability of viewing t.v. requires a t.v. license (i.e. would include computer with broadband) I believe.

No, that's not the case at all. You can have a TV, computer etc in your house as long as you're not watching TV programmes on it.