Guest ReadyTeddy
the season is going to be all about contributing to the team in whatever way they can

That sounds about right. I doubt if we have any youngsters who are ready to be first-team regulars. Fleck has had quite a few outings and hasn't made a huge impact - he surely needs more time. Wilson does look a prospect but I'll be very surprised if he's first in the team if Weir or Boogie is out.

Stevie Lennon was one of the youngsters I thought could have a decent future. Anyone know whats the status with him? He went on loan last season to Partick was it?

There is one thing in giving youngsters a try but there is another playing them in their natural positions. If not you can ruin them before their career has started. We know that our support can easily get on players backs. We've seen it with Adam, Mo Ross, McCulloch, to name a few...even going back to when Craig Moore played midfield under Smith in the 90s.

Fleck played his games last season as a left winger and everyone expected him to produce miracles yet his first OF game he left the pitch after barely touching the ball.

Smith had an imbalance last season as we started the season with 9 strikers before Darcheville and Cousin left. The likes of Fleck suffered due to that.

Stevie Lennon was one of the youngsters I thought could have a decent future. Anyone know whats the status with him? He went on loan last season to Partick was it?

There is one thing in giving youngsters a try but there is another playing them in their natural positions. If not you can ruin them before their career has started. We know that our support can easily get on players backs. We've seen it with Adam, Mo Ross, McCulloch, to name a few...even going back to when Craig Moore played midfield under Smith in the 90s.

Fleck played his games last season as a left winger and everyone expected him to produce miracles yet his first OF game he left the pitch after barely touching the ball.

Smith had an imbalance last season as we started the season with 9 strikers before Darcheville and Cousin left. The likes of Fleck suffered due to that.

McCulloch? You havin a laugh? He ruined his own reputation, not us. Useless.

McCulloch? You havin a laugh? He ruined his own reputation, not us. Useless.

True, but regardless of how poor his is id still not boo him and give him abuse while he is on the park.

True, but regardless of how poor his is id still not boo him and give him abuse while he is on the park.

you just slate our top top scorer for the last 3 seasons and give praise to heartless players like Buffel and headless chickens as Sebo :fish:

you just slate our top top scorer for the last 3 seasons and give praise to heartless players like Buffel and headless chickens as Sebo :fish:

Id still not boo him or give him abuse. But im always prepared for a Boyd debate :)

Buffel is a wasted talent.

If Boyd could give half the effort Sebo did then he would be a bit of a player. Id always have a headless chicken in my team over a statue :)

Id still not boo him or give him abuse. But im always prepared for a Boyd debate :)

If Boyd could give half the effort Sebo did then he would be a bit of a player. Id always have a headless chicken in my team over a statue :)

even if the headless chicken is a striker and doesn't score goals hmmm ok :whistle:

buffel is a wasted talent and has nothing but himself to blame IMO........

i'd never boo a rangers player no matter how bad i think are or how bad they were playing, doesn't help the team................

:box:

Translation:

We're skint so we wont be bringing in any new players

My first and only thoughts too i'm afraid. If we only have 20 players then it's obvious kids are gonna get a chance, which is obviously good if they're ready. Doing something good because you're forced into it isn't the same as doing something good because you've planned to do it, want to and have he capability.

Anyway, I hate to be so cynical, but we shall see.

Oh man... I sniff another Boyd debate... but now we have Sebo thrown in the mix.

Gribz, a headless chicken over a statue is definitely the right way to go as you get more from them - IF the headless chicken has some kind of end product. Sebo did a lot of running around but couldnt score - he also didnt provide any for anyone else. Boyd, well we know what he does - he scores 30+ a season.

If Buffel was such a wasted talent why is it he is playing with a lesser club in Belgium and not one of the bigger clubs ?