Agreed Gribz, whilst i'm not as impressed by him than some others (he's still a very good player though btw) he is a better bet than Owen.

I can't believe that Man U will replace Ronaldo and Tevez with Owen and Valencia. There must be more to come.

Are you referring to Tevez's face?

Ironically I've a modicum more respect for Tevez than the others. He got his burns after being scalded as a young child. When he played for Boca Juniors, the club offered him cosmetic surgery. He turned it down because he said the burns were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today.

Ironically I've a modicum more respect for Tevez than the others. He got his burns after being scalded as a young child. When he played for Boca Juniors, the club offered him cosmetic surgery. He turned it down because he said the burns were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today.

Really? Never knew that. My ex said the same thing about here arse.

I can't believe that Man U will replace Ronaldo and Tevez with Owen and Valencia. There must be more to come.

Said this to my mate the other day, thats a total decrease in quality, abilty and goals.

Owen said in the news yesterday that he isnt injury prone....what is he smoking!! either that he just didnt want to play for Newcastle.

Ronaldo leaving already takes 40 goals away from Man U next season so they will have to get them goals from other places if they want to win the league again. I cant see Owen doing that at all. Berbatov has been awful and Rooney isnt a out and out goalscorer although he is their best hope.

A sorry state of affairs when a player would rather have money in his pocket than winners medals in his cabinet.

I disagree. There is a balance between money and winning things I guess. But the reality is that a football career is a short one and one where often times the players have nothing else to fall back on as their ONLY education was football.

I don't realy grudge anyone chasing the money.

Also, it is easy enough to say that he is only going to Man City for the money but is that really the answer ? Does he not have a young family and it could be he doesnt want to uproot them ?

Just as likely though is that he feels that given a year or two Man City will actually become one of Europe's leading teams. They have the fanbase, they now have the money to attract world-class players so it could be that he thinks it is a decent one season gamble playing for them, because if they can attract his type of player, and we know they have the cash to do so, then they could very well break into the top 4.

I got 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my arse in 2005. Painful, very painful. Needed 8 weeks off work as i couldnt walk.

Good for Tevez refusing the surgery. He is no doubt in a small minority with what he did.

I disagree. There is a balance between money and winning things I guess. But the reality is that a football career is a short one and one where often times the players have nothing else to fall back on as their ONLY education was football.

Just say Tevez stayed at West Ham until he retired on a weekly wage of �£70k. I doubt he'd struggle financially when he retired at the age of 35ish.

To be getting paid 200k+ that he is on is ridiculous but I suppose Man Shitty are to blame for paying him that.

Just say Tevez stayed at West Ham until he retired on a weekly wage of �£70k. I doubt he'd struggle financially when he retired at the age of 35ish.

To be getting paid 200k+ that he is on is ridiculous but I suppose Man Shitty are to blame for paying him that.

Yeh, the old excuse about short careers is not really valid now that mediocre footballers earn more in a week than the national average yearly wage. (obviously does not apply so much to lower leagues or poorer countries).

Bit of a bizarre one this. Met three Man City fans in Ibiza a couple of weeks ago, upon discussing the multitude of attacking players they have they said they didn't really need Tevez and it was a buy just to show the rest of the world that they now have a healthy bank balance. More disturbing to those lads was the lack of defensive players being bought. Richard Dunne isn't good enough they told me and now with Vincent Kompany set to miss the start of the season are they lining up John Terry ??