Emirates Tournament thread

When we made the changes, with Naismith coming on, it looked like we finished playing a 4-2-3-1 and I have to admit I quite liked that formation.

Naismith looks very sharp and looks like he could be a great player sitting in behind the front man(men).

The other thing which was very noticeable was the number of attacking options we had. We brought 5 players on and 4 of them were attack minded.

Good to see Aaron coming on.

S_A, are those monitors they are strapping to themselves ?

And, in looking at Boyd, he has lost some weight by the looks of things. Looks quite slender.

Yeh just heart rate monitors. Telemetry system (think kind of like infrared or bluetooth) where rather than having to wear a watch the information will be relayed to a unit hooked up to a pc. Will be a real time measure of heart rate with a signal sent to the main unit every second or fraction of a second.

I used the same or a similar system doing my undergrad and postgrad project.

Can see them on one of the links I posted one the Sports Science thread.

Regarding Boyd, yeh he looked about as "fat" as the PSG boy who had to change his shirt for blood. Another one in the eye for the guys who love to slag our players for being fat. Speaking of which I need to reply to Cal's post in that other thread.

Back onto the game today.

Impressed overall.

We dominated first half hour. PSG came on stronger towards the end of the half but aside from a few balls across the goal and the chip onto the roof of the net didn't threaten Alexander.

Davis, McCulloch and Mendes all impressed in midfield.

Naismith was sharp and direct when he came on. How anyone could prefer Beasley over him I don't know. :fish: Though De Marcus equally looked good when he came on.

Miller looked good in the first half hour when we did. Felt he tired a bit and for a guy lauded for his workrate I think he's just as lazy as any other forward when we don't have the ball.:whistle:

Moving onto tomorrow, the comemntator said McGregor will play. Considering Arsenal is the bigger game and tougher test, is that a sign McGregor will be back in as first choice soon, or is it an opportunity to put him in the shop window?

Yeh just heart rate monitors. Telemetry system (think kind of like infrared or bluetooth) where rather than having to wear a watch the information will be relayed to a unit hooked up to a pc. Will be a real time measure of heart rate with a signal sent to the main unit every second or fraction of a second.

I used the same or a similar system doing my undergrad and postgrad project.

Can see them on one of the links I posted one the Sports Science thread.

Regarding Boyd, yeh he looked about as "fat" as the PSG boy who had to change his shirt for blood. Another one in the eye for the guys who love to slag our players for being fat. Speaking of which I need to reply to Cal's post in that other thread.

Back onto the game today.

Impressed overall.

We dominated first half hour. PSG came on stronger towards the end of the half but aside from a few balls across the goal and the chip onto the roof of the net didn't threaten Alexander.

Davis, McCulloch and Mendes all impressed in midfield.

Naismith was sharp and direct when he came on. How anyone could prefer Beasley over him I don't know. :fish: Though De Marcus equally looked good when he came on.

Miller looked good in the first half hour when we did. Felt he tired a bit and for a guy lauded for his workrate I think he's just as lazy as any other forward when we don't have the ball.:whistle:

Moving onto tomorrow, the comemntator said McGregor will play. Considering Arsenal is the bigger game and tougher test, is that a sign McGregor will be back in as first choice soon, or is it an opportunity to put him in the shop window?

Cheers, thought it was heart rate monitors.

Re McGregor - I thought the same thing. To be honest it is a horrid decision for Wattie. Alexander deserves to retain his place but many think McGregor is the better keeper. I will be disappointed if McGregor starts the season, if for no other reason than that he deserves his shot at retaining the keeper's jersey.

That said, if WS did start with McGregor then you can see why.

Pleased with the performance today, even if its just about getting the fitness together and finding the correct teams great passing football in the first half but we have to ditch the 4-5-1 its no good though i did hear the commentator saying we change to a 4-4-2 when attacking! overall rangers look fit and ready and they all complemented each other.:spl:

Cheers, thought it was heart rate monitors.

Re McGregor - I thought the same thing. To be honest it is a horrid decision for Wattie. Alexander deserves to retain his place but many think McGregor is the better keeper. I will be disappointed if McGregor starts the season, if for no other reason than that he deserves his shot at retaining the keeper's jersey.

That said, if WS did start with McGregor then you can see why.

McGregor is slightly the better keeper, but you don't drop the man in possession of the gloves when he's not made any mistakes.

Sakho (sp).

How much would he cost. :fish:

Absolute beast at the back for PSG. Only 19, captain at 17. Built like a tank and won a lot of challenges. Couple of rash ones later on through the back, but then I lie an aggressive CB.

Sakho (sp).

How much would he cost. :fish:

Absolute beast at the back for PSG. Only 19, captain at 17. Built like a tank and won a lot of challenges. Couple of rash ones later on through the back, but then I lie an aggressive CB.

He is HUGE !!!

Looks assured on the ball, would cost far too much though. Would be nice to see him partner Bougherra at the back.

Shame Bougherra played well, the wolves will be at the door again

Regarding Boyd, yeh he looked about as "fat" as the PSG boy who had to change his shirt for blood. Another one in the eye for the guys who love to slag our players for being fat.

He certainly looks a lot fitter than he did this time last year, which is great to see.

Possibly the strangest comment I've ever seen you make. :confused: :box: