General Rant....

Dado Prso.

My basic view on dado is that he is a class player and has shown us this in the past but i feel now his performances are going downhill. He hasn't hit the net in a while now apart from against motherwell but we know dado to be on the scoresheet regularly and well when he's near goal he is scared to shoot , He takes one touch too many and before he knows it the defender is away with the ball , All he does is run with the ball til' he can't run no more , Instead of shooting or playin the simple pass , He's trying far too hard . But when he's on form he is worthy of playing for any club in the world !

Paul Le Guen.

He has came to this club with high Hopes and many are still there infact the majority is but a lot of the fans today were complacent and have every right to be and some have lost all faith that they had in him . What my view on him is - Is why is he playing a shite formation which involves only one striker up front and trying to lob the ball forward to him , and when he gets it there is no support ?. Where is the point in that when we have a 1.8 million striker on the bench who we chased for a while & Scotlands top scorer on the bench Pretty stupid .

Barry Ferguson.

We miss him . We need someone in the centre of midfield who has the fight & ability to look up and play an inch perfect ball ,and barry does that and he has the balls to drive forward and boss the players on the park about.

I think when barry's back , Bye Bye hemdani and fergie will drop in , we will switch to a four four two with buffel playing just behind the two strikers .

Conclusion.

Our weak link in the team is two things :-

Ability to find the back of the net.

Defence.

The weakest link in the team seems to be young alan hutton , He made a few mistakes today but in all the defence seems to be pretty shoddy , so bad that i'd have Soti & Amo at centre back but the team needs time to gel and this is what we need to understand.

We are the people.

We are fifty one league titles & counting.

We are heading for 52 !

Bottom line for me is that PLG needs time. When you look at just how dreadfully we played for large parts of last season, what I've seen this season is a huge step in the right direction.

I agree about Prso, we've definitely seen the best from him, but I do believe he has a part to play throughout the season, albeit I'm not sure what position suits him best.

I've been a critic of Hutton, but apart from his final ball, which is also a criticism of Smith on today's evidence, I think he's improving and at least seems to be knuckling down a bit more.

Svensson needs time and I think will come good. I'm more worried about J-Rod, who even when he started to improve last season, didn't look like the sort of rock solid no-nonsense centre half we need. I'd still like to see us buying Andy Webster and try him alongside Svensson. His experience of the Scottish game would be invaluable just now and could steady the defence a bit.

The keeper had a bit of a 'mare today after a very promising start. Its worrying though that our defence still looks shaky after the woefulness of last season. I know he's on a lot of money, but I think we need Klos back badly at the moment, although he's still a few months off being ready.

I know PLG has this formation he likes, but I don't think it suits Prso. I can see Hemdani being swapped for Fergie, I think that's a given. But up front? Its baffling as to why Boyd has been left on the bench. I've said it in another thread, but its like us leaving McCoist out if he was playing for us.

Like I say, I'm really optimistic and excited about PLG's reign. Just look at the young players for starters, he's clearly building for the future. He'll take a while to adjust to the Scottish game, as will the players. Good thing is that Hearts and Celtic are dropping points already, but we need to get a solid backline together soon so we can put a good run together over the winter period. PLG hasn't had much luck and is still suffering from the overspending of previous managers, but so far its been a good start. We're unbeaten for one thing, only in Scotland that's just not good enough....

I'd argue that Hutton has been our best defender in the last 2 games...

People just need to be patient while the team gels. Unfortunately we should still be capable of winning games against Utd and the Pars while this happens.

All of the players can do better.

We really need to stop this long ball crap!

One thing i noticed was neither Clement or Hemdani would come deep to get the ball from the defence, which in turn encouraged more high balls as our defence just dont know what to do with the ball.

Paul Le Guen.

He has came to this club with high Hopes and many are still there infact the majority is but a lot of the fans today were complacent and have every right to be and some have lost all faith that they had in him .

Absolute bullshit! Yes, todays result wasn't very good but to say that some fans have lost ALL faith in PLG is ludicrous Dunn.

Agree Gav, i cant believe people are on Le Guens back after 3 games. You arent football minded if you have a go at him already.

Am i the only one who is happy with our attacking play at the moment? Against Motherwell and Utd we looked great going forward.

I would give Prso a wee rest, i think he is struggling due to playing in the WC and slightly out of position.

Apart from that we need to give it time folks.

I think if big Eck was still here and he started the season

like this you would be screaming for his head

Id be wondering where he got the intelligence to sign a midfield from and play good attacking football with a bit of knowledge.

Are you saying your calling for Le Guen to be sacked? Thats a wind up if you are.

i cant believe people are on Le Guens back after 3 games.

You cant?.... i can, it happens with all managers who have a bad start with a high profile team. :D

BUT.... 5 points out of 9 is not bad for us considering all of the chances we squander away, we're lucky to have those points.

No one's lost all faith in PLG though Dunn, and if they have then they dont understand the words 'Support YOUR Team'.

I have every faith in PLG and i like the way he lays out the team. Its a foreign language to the players, just getting used to their positions and how their team mates play, but they will come good.

It was a dire performance right enough but that happens under any manager. I respect him for sticking with the same team which created dozens of chances in the first two games. It shows the players loyalty and keeps their motivation up.

The two substitutions on the hour were to me the perfect one's as Sionko wasn't quite as effective as he has been and Prso looks tired and jaded. Adam was also a bit out of sorts and the introduction of Martin created a noticeable boost.

There have been many great Rangers teams who have struggled to break down 11 men behind the ball on a narrow pitch and this team did no better. I blame it on lack of inspiration and creativity on the players part which eventually resulted in them repeatedly punting up aimless long balls which the Dunfermline players dealt with very easily. I find it hard to believe that they were following any of Le Guen's tactical instructions and it shows how insulting people can be about Scottish footballers when the main long ball culprits were 4 Frenchmen and a Swede.

I was screaming for Hemdani to give the ball to Burke when he was open and aware but he'd boot the ball up to a Dunfermline defender instead.

I thought we should have been playing the ball to our wingers especially Martin and Burke as they looked dangerous but they hardly received the ball. It's a tight pitch for the wide men but it still seemed to be where our best attacks came from. Unfortunately, our crossing was woeful and Smith and Adam had a bad day for this very important skill.

One thing that Le Guen seems to have drummed into the fullbacks is to feed the wingers and then overlap on the outside. Hutton and especially Smith did this regularly but it's the wingers that need to learn to use them and when they do, use proper timing rather than when it's too late and they are stuck in a corner.

Letizi had a terrible game which has perhaps shown us the weaknesses he's infamous for but he'll probably settle in a bit and become more consistent. But perhaps Klos will actually get a chance when he's fit.

Our central defenders are still struggling especially against make weight strikers whom they should be able to shackle with ease but our two holding midfielders don't seam to be protecting them enough. I think our full backs are doing ok but perhaps posted missing after joining in the attacks.

One place we really need to improve is our counter attacks. The fifers threw so many players forward with some of their attacks that when we got the ball it looked easy to run out on the break and get behind most of them but we either gave the ball away cheaply or passed it around until the opposition had recovered.

I expect Le Guen to now wield the axe and can see Boyd and Burke starting the next game for Prso and Adam with the Ginger swapping wings with Sionko.

Prso needs a rest and could be a good sub late in the game and we really need goals at the moment so we should have our best finisher on the pitch.

The defence will probably stay the same as we have no-one to bring in at the moment.