Started for Rangers this weekend. Along with an Ulsterman and an Algerian.

Granted Mendes and Papac will likely return for McCulloch and Smith.

But that's still pretty good going.

The succesful niar team was mostely scots supplemented with good foreigners. We've not got that class of player right now but it's a good system to follow.

Along with a smaller squad size, a nucleus of Scottish (and British) should hopefully help foster a strong team bond and unity.

(By contrast the tims started 10 foreigners).

It's ironic isn't it, fans during the glory days of the Advocaat era used to lament the lack of Scots in the team. Now we have a team full of them and we're shite :D

:D

Can't really disagree with that. Just trying, as ever, to put a positive spin on it.

Though if we don't buy a CB soon even I may struggle with that.

Looking back to the great teams of the seventies ie Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs, etc, who all had a large contingent of Scots playing important rolls in the team the coaching system in Scotland seemed to nosedive we seemed to go backwards instead of forwards. The SFA have much to answer for.

8 Scots today guys.

Only Boogie, Davis and Papac of the starters were from out with our borders.

The two subs coming on were Scottish too.

10 of the 13 players today.

Did that have an impact upon the fighting spirit demonstrated by the team today?

Edit: Including Thommo as sub, last week it was 10 of 12 players used.

I think that was one of the main reasons we should so much fighting spirit today. Was like the Rangers of old. by that I mean like the 9 in a row spirit. Never say die. Remember Davie Robertson getting sent off after 5 mins against the Tims and we still beat them. Today reminded me a bit of that