Turks and Germans after Boyd

I know exactly what you mean mate. The KB situation is weird though - WS refused to play him regularly (and still will by the looks of things) and generally speakeing, RFC wanted shot of him in January to balance the books.

Personally, I'm a Boyd fan (if he does all he can). I cannot for the life of me imagine where his goals will come from if he goes - and these goals mean points imo. But it basically comes down to whether you agree that he's worth keeping or not. If you are in the club's camp, then clearly he's expendable, especially in desperate times -which is probably and ultimately why he's not got a new deal.

I know exactly what you are saying my man. But by not offering him a new deal they have effectively written off 2 million pounds in transfer value. FFS, surely we should be tying him down to a 3 yr deal and THEN punting him.

It isnt rocket science and whilst I recognise that we may not have got rid of Boyd the reality is the guy will still score goals when played, even as a sub. We would still have got over 3 mill for him. So the club are still writing off at least 1 million pounds.

Given our financial predicament we need to do what we can to retain players values such that we CAN sell them for decent prices. Offering Boyd an extension would have either a) given us a player who is a proven goalscorer or b) at the very least retained his value at a proper market price. The club/bank seem to be doing NEITHER.

The other thing we have to also remember is that without Boyd's goals we may not have won the league last year - and the CL is our saviour this year. Selling him lessens our chances of winning the league - whether you like or loathe him that is the reality.

I know exactly what you are saying my man. But by not offering him a new deal they have effectively written off 2 million pounds in transfer value. FFS, surely we should be tying him down to a 3 yr deal and THEN punting him.

It isnt rocket science and whilst I recognise that we may not have got rid of Boyd the reality is the guy will still score goals when played, even as a sub. We would still have got over 3 mill for him. So the club are still writing off at least 1 million pounds.

Given our financial predicament we need to do what we can to retain players values such that we CAN sell them for decent prices. Offering Boyd an extension would have either a) given us a player who is a proven goalscorer or b) at the very least retained his value at a proper market price. The club/bank seem to be doing NEITHER.

The other thing we have to also remember is that without Boyd's goals we may not have won the league last year - and the CL is our saviour this year. Selling him lessens our chances of winning the league - whether you like or loathe him that is the reality.

You're right Craig. You are definitely right. :(

I guess I've just accepted that Boyd will be on his way sooner or later - not cause he's not good enough (IMO) but because he's not really rated highly enough at Ibrox. As I posted the other day; he must feel immense pressure in every game, much more than others becaue of the constant threat of being punted. I suppose that could be a good thing too but it seems wasteful to me

I guess I've just accepted that Boyd will be on his way sooner or later - not cause he's not good enough (IMO) but because he's not really rated highly enough at Ibrox. As I posted the other day; he must feel immense pressure in every game, much more than others becaue of the constant threat of being punted. I suppose that could be a good thing too but it seems wasteful to me

I have to be honest in that if we are going to play this 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation then I dont see how he fits into it as it requires mobility up front, something the big fella doesnt have enough of.

If we are going with that formation then he isnt anywhere near as effective and, therefore, he is a wasted talent and a wasted asset so we would be better to move him on (I find it incredible that we are talking about a 30+ goals a season striker in that manner - but it is what it is I guess).

I feel the same way about either McGregor or Alexander - but for a different reason. In their instance we cant afford to keep two 1st class keepers on decent wages. One should be moved on. But what if they let their contract run down too ? We end up with a top quality keeper that we cant get a fee for......

I'm loathe to believe the article but if we sell Boyd for the figures quoted it will be nothing short of a scandal.

We're all well aware of the lad's shortcomings but he remains the best goalscorer in the country. Renewing his contract may be costly (his wages would need to be increased by a fair amount) but at least we have him retained at the club and his transfer value increases.

An Ayrshire lad that gets a nose bleed when he passes the Scottish border moving to a land with a totally different culture and language. Any money in the world can't stop home sickness. Boyd and possibly his family, if he takes them, would be alone and without friends in his free hours. Not the right move for Boyd imo. He would be better heading to England if he decides to leave.

Money does not buy happiness just ask Coisty and Bazza.

This has got to be a wind up , �£1.5m ?

�£50,000 a week yeah he would be daft to turn that money down, but we would be even more to accept a transfer of that measley amount of money for our most prolific stiker since Mr McCoist.

Do the Club and Fans not appreciate Boyds goal scoring talents ? without him we would have come 2nd last season i have no doubt as were else will goals come from ? , granted Boyd didnt play well on Saturday but over a full season he is Priceless to a team and thats why it would be unforgivable to sell him for that price to anyone.

I'm loathe to believe the article but if we sell Boyd for the figures quoted it will be nothing short of a scandal.

We're all well aware of the lad's shortcomings but he remains the best goalscorer in the country. Renewing his contract may be costly (his wages would need to be increased by a fair amount) but at least we have him retained at the club and his transfer value increases.

I agree 100%. Especially since the fee we get wont be reinvested in a replacement.

I noted at the weekend Aruna Dindane was set to move to Portsmouth from RC Lens for �£4m. How I wish we had invested �£4m in Dindane last summer rather than Lafferty.