Breaking News - Murray Steps Down as Chairman

I don't see any reason why Murray resigning as a director points towards him selling his shares any time soon. The two would normally be done at the same time.

New owners would result in a totally new board, and having two changes of chairman would cuase less stability, not more.

Agree Dell that is what i thought. If he was announced as interim Chairman then i could see a sale being impending. I do see it as a step to him getting out altogether though as i think he will want to free his money up with the sale of the club.

You can't blame Rangers fans on here for being synical or suspicious and asking if it is the McLelland situation again.

For years now the fans have been dragged along the ground, being strung along by Murrays latterly terrible ownership of the club.

As a result noone trusts what happens inside the club anymore.

Hopefully this new guy will bring a freshness with him though.

One thing is for damn sure, if Alasdair Johnston provides an iota of leadership, direction and a credible business plan it will be a first for Rangers in 21 years. However, unless the world has turned inside out, no board of directors can possible ignore a shareholder of Murray's magnitude or have a chance of acting independently.

In appearing to move aside and clear the way for others, Murray has actually hamstrung the club, no doubt in a fit of peke after being admonished by Lloyds bank. Instead of simply mismanaging the club, he has skillfully muddied the waters and has effectively dislocated power from leaderhip. Only David Murray could fukk us while extracting goodwill and insisting he was acting solely in our best interests.

He could sell this club tomorrow if he was particularly inclined. Why doesn't he just sell and go. God knows we deserve a better man in charge.

Give who a chance? :confused:

erm who do you think sherlock, you don't seem very positive about someone else taking over just saying you think it will be the same as when John McLelland was the chairman. only time will tell if this change is for the better..........

Well, 90% of bears have got their wish. All they need now is for Murray to sell his shares and for Walter to be sacked. Then we'll be fine...

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Murray has certainly mismanaged the club in recent years, but the last time he took a step back McClelland did f*ck all and we were in such a mess Murray had to come back in.

Time will tell. At least this guy is a fan and has a sports background.

Anyway Alistair, are we getting a new Centre half or not ffs?:confused:

Well, 90% of bears have got their wish. All they need now is for Murray to sell his shares and for Walter to be sacked. Then we'll be fine...

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Murray has certainly mismanaged the club in recent years, but the last time he took a step back McClelland did f*ck all and we were in such a mess Murray had to come back in.

Certainly haven't got what I want. Murray continues to control the club, the rest is meaningless.

One wonders if the McLelland episode was merely a ploy to make Murray's own stewardship look positive by comparison? :whistle:

the official site has Murray's "REIGN" as "GLORIOUS".

fuck me.

Noun

custodian (plural custodians)

1. A person entrusted with the custody or care of something or someone; a caretaker or keeper.

Nobody "reign"s Rangers FFS.

And the last 10 years have been far from glorious with this charlatan.