'Setting The Standard' Project Moves Forward

That's just you making the connection again. Stick to the facts.

No, they are not blaming UEFA in anything I've seen, so I wouldn't use unnecessarily emotive language like that. They are not even simply saying that the ban came from UEFA - they got the Assembly to do that.

OK, what was the song that got us punished for discriminatory chanting by UEFA?

The club and its former chairman publicly named UEFA as the organisation who laid down the directives so of course they are blaming them for the ban. The statement also appeared on the club website so I'm not sure how you claim they got the Assembly to do this.

Is this the longest thread Gersnet has had? Can't remember a longer one since I joined in January anyway.

I think there will have been longer ones. Just not with MF and I boring everyone with our interpretation of an issue... ;)

The club and its former chairman publicly named UEFA as the organisation who laid down the directives so of course they are blaming them for the ban. The statement also appeared on the club website so I'm not sure how you claim they got the Assembly to do this.

Named - not blamed.

The statement? Which statement? A UEFA statement, an Assembly statement or a club statement?

I think there will have been longer ones. Just not with MF and I boring everyone with our interpretation of an issue... ;)

It's only boring because I keep having to repeat the same thing over and over. Surely one of these times the penny will drop. :)

I had only 43 posts when this thread started!

I've no idea - the only songs the club mentioned are those in the Wee Blue Book and I'm sure we didn't get punished for them. UEFA never linked any punishment directly withany particular song. Only the Assembly linked UEFA punishments to TBB but it's hardly the Assembly's role to mete out punishments.

The club apparently named UEFA directives in connection with TBB but never in written statements. We have no actual evidence of this. UEFA did issue directives but none that specifically banned TBB. The only statement that named TBB being banned was the Assembly website.