'Setting The Standard' Project Moves Forward

TBB has started creeping back into the repertoire when we are on the road, has it not ?

Perhaps it creeping back in also plays a part in it being revisited by the Assembly.

FWIW I also didnt think Frankie had anything to do with the Assembly. My take on him "trying a different route" was merely looking at things from a different angle than having the Assembly restate previous communications.

Could be wrong though.

You're probably right. I just found the timing a tad coincidental is all. No doubt Frankie will keep us right on it.

TBB has started creeping back into the repertoire when we are on the road, has it not ?

Perhaps it creeping back in also plays a part in it being revisited by the Assembly.

There's no doubt TBB made a comeback last season among sections of the support, heard it with my own ears on a number of occasions.

I honestly believe that with the dust having finally settled on Pamplona/UEFA-gate more and more fans are waking up to the dubious nature of the "ban".

I'm pretty sure there's also a lingering resentment among the Rangers support at the unchallenged proliferation of "political" chanting by Celtic fans we've seen in the past couple of years, all the more galling in the face of our own continuing out-of-proportion sanctions.

http://www.thebluenose.co.uk/assembly/uefa-directive/

With specific reference to the above directive it is disappointing that the new site does not give some background to chants at both old firm clubs at the time of the UEFA investigation.

But the Assembly is nothing to do with Celtic.

I have no problem in them focussing on just Rangers and Rangers issues, even though we know there is biased reporting from our media.

But the Assembly is nothing to do with Celtic.

I have no problem in them focussing on just Rangers and Rangers issues, even though we know there is biased reporting from our media.

Craig

This issue is a Rangers issue (Uefa investigation) and has to be one of the most important in the clubs history. If you are going to raise it for all and sundry to see then treat it with the seriousness it deserves. The new website has a link from the official site, a site that receives hits from fans of all clubs around the world. If you are going to put a link to the Uefa verdict, to do so without any context of the old firm rivalry, based on our social, political and religious history(and the chants that emanated from that rivalry) is to invite those fans that link in to draw a one sided conclusion.

Craig

This issue is a Rangers issue (Uefa investigation) and has to be one of the most important in the clubs history. If you are going to raise it for all and sundry to see then treat it with the seriousness it deserves. The new website has a link from the official site, a site that receives hits from fans of all clubs around the world. If you are going to put a link to the Uefa verdict, to do so without any context of the old firm rivalry, based on our social, political and religious history(and the chants that emanated from that rivalry) is to invite those fans that link in to draw a one sided conclusion.

I understand what you are saying.

But the UEFA directive is what it is. It was cast down upon us. Plain and simple. So it is in our best interests to eradicate it (I am castig aside the debate on whether it should be banned and assuming it should be for the sake of this debate).

Personally I dont see why we should be tagging Celtic along with ourselves. They didnt have the directive given to them.

What we should be doing, IMO, is being more aggressive in highlighting how well we have done at removing it from the repertoire since the directive was given.

Why should we bring Celtic into the equation ?

Unfortunately, regardless of the rivalries and how these songs have come about the reality is that we are in a PC world gone mad and we are in the "sectarian era" in Scotland.

I am not trying to downplay the seriousness, I just dont see what benefit there is to include Celtic with regard to a directive given to Rangers. It really is nothing to do with them.

Rangers fans sang TBB, UEFA didnt want them to, issued a directive, we eradicated it. Where are Celtic in there ?

Not trying to be facetious, I just dont understand why they should be dragged along for the ride. We all KNOW their repertoire is worse than ours but until someone gets UEFA to have them attempt to clean up their act it will continue - much to our chagrin but there you have it.

Been away golfing today and I can assure everyone I was as surprised (and interested) as everyone else when I seen the UEFA Directive form what appears to be an important part of the new Assembly site...

I agree with MF that while what they say has beefed up on the earlier stuff we talked about the other day, without official documentation it is still up to the individual supporter to make up their mind whether or not the wording is genuine and just how it came about.

I've not had a chance to go through their site yet (or register for their forum) so perhaps this may be raised there at some point by those concerned about the lack of full disclosure.

I'll make more comments about the Assembly site in due course once I've had a chance to review it.

Cursory look suggests right intentions but not the best execution. Plenty scope for improvement though which will allow us to see just how interested they are in this medium.

PS: Site appears to down at the moment - probably not enough bandwidth allocated for such a public launch.

Is it worth trying to open a new dialogue with the SFA about TBB? It seems to me that the club could be in big trouble if the fans sing it during European matches. If the fans sing it in Seville for example, we could be in deep shit. The situation with singing it in Scotland during SPL & cup fixtures is far more sketchy though, since the SFA & SPL can only go so far in terms of being obviously biased against our club.

Is it worth trying to open a new dialogue with the SFA about TBB? It seems to me that the club could be in big trouble if the fans sing it during European matches. If the fans sing it in Seville for example, we could be in deep shit. The situation with singing it in Scotland during SPL & cup fixtures is far more sketchy though, since the SFA & SPL can only go so far in terms of being obviously biased against our club.

Do you mean the club should open up a dialogue? The statemt says they have informal communications already. What are you suggesting is done or said?