... it was interesting to hear the commentator's lack of comprehension at the booing and attitude of the fans the other night. i don't think he got it at all. no suprise colin stein does though:

ââ?¬Å?The players keep telling us that they are desperate to go into the Champions League, but I thought their attitude and their performance was abysmal, and there are no excuses for the way they crumbled in the second half,ââ?¬Â said Stein, whose career, which included victory in the 1972 European Cup-Winnersââ?¬â?¢ Cup against Moscow Dynamo, was not without its own share of privations. ââ?¬Å?Rangers fans have high expectations and quite right ââ?¬â?? they pay money to watch their club and they are entitled to expect better than what they had to tolerate on Tuesday.

ââ?¬Å?I suppose it took me back to 1969 when we were knocked out of Europe, over two legs, to the tune of 6-2 by the Polish side, Gornik Zabrze. It was a really bad performance from us, and there were consequences. The supporters left Ibrox in droves before the final whistle, those who stayed booed us off the park, and the manager, Davie White, was sacked the next day. It was just the way things were at Rangers in these days. We had high standards, we were expected to win every match, and nothing else mattered except the result at the end.

ââ?¬Å?Thatââ?¬â?¢s why it was such a disappointing display against the Romanians. Sure, they deserve some credit for punching above their weight in the group, but for Rangers to take the lead after a couple of minutes . . . well, it should have been a comfortable victory.

ââ?¬Å?I wasnââ?¬â?¢t happy with the attitude of our players ââ?¬â?? they gave away possession far too easily, they didnââ?¬â?¢t seem to know how to react once things started going against them, and they made it easy for their opponents ââ?¬â?? but you also have to question the team selection. I mean, to have a 30-goals-a-season guy in Kris Boyd sitting on the bench didnââ?¬â?¢t make any sense to me. Heââ?¬â?¢s there to score goals and if he does that, nothing else matters, and I think itââ?¬â?¢s crazy that he doesnââ?¬â?¢t get a starting place in that line-up, because nobody else looks like scoring on a regular basis. For me, Boyd is an automatic pick as long as he keeps finding the net, end of story.ââ?¬Â

Yep, well said Colin...

I think we all have our own subjective opinions on who should and shouldn't play for the team. However, one thing we should all agree on is that the effort, commitment and attitude is all wrong and has been now for too long a period.

I want to know why this is and what the manager intends to do about it.

It makes my heart swell to read that. It reminds me of a time when Rangers didn't just pay lip service to the notion of success and being the best they could. Everyone should compare Colin Stein's words with those of today's players after an appalling result.

I love the 'HIGH STANDARDS' and that was 1969. We hadn't won the League for ages. You can see Colin is a Supporter thro' his words, he hurts as badly as we do.

If we had the same Supporters as '69, there would have been droves at the door of the main stand on Tuesday.

What got me even more down the other night, 1 goal down, 2 goals down, 3 goals down ! Still Boyd never came on, he was desperate until they went 3 goals up then he knew there was no chance, kept looking over to the bench.

If i was Boyd i would wonder why am i not getting played

He would be the first player on my team sheet for the away leg against them

What got me even more down the other night, 1 goal down, 2 goals down, 3 goals down ! Still Boyd never came on, he was desperate until they went 3 goals up then he knew there was no chance, kept looking over to the bench.

If i was Boyd i would wonder why am i not getting played

He would be the first player on my team sheet for the away leg against them

2 Reasons.

1) Boyd is far from a world beater and doesnt create chances or goals.

2) The service Boyd gets is crap.

2 Reasons.

1) Boyd is far from a world beater and doesnt create chances or goals.

2) The service Boyd gets is crap.

But when Boyd is our only consistant goalscorer he should be playing.

If it's shite for Boyd it's shite for the other strikers.

Boyd got a cracking chance against Sevilla.....

Right he never scored but if that was Miller no doubt he wouldn't have got a shot away, if we had two quality wingers who would go by players in europe, also two creative midfielders ( which we should already have ), then Boyd would be laughing and scoring on the big stage.

I am starting to think the service to Boyd isn't good enough that's why he hasn't been scoring as much, bring back Adam & Burke !

But when Boyd is our only consistant goalscorer he should be playing.

If it's shite for Boyd it's shite for the other strikers.

And all of us would have expected Boyd to score that penalty.

Could Kris Boyd have possibly contributed less than Kenny Miller on the night?