Smith takes blame for Euro loss

Guest Jum Spence

I'll second that.

Nothing like stating the obvious though.

At least Walter is taking responsibility and taking some of the heat off his players, unlike monkey heid across the city who is heaping the blame on his players.

TBH, I'm sick of the endless platitudes in the press and on TV from everyone at Ibrox. Talk less Walter, do more. Like the players you mostly brought to the club, you need judge yourself on results and act accordingly.

Walter has had a long time since Tuesday to come up with that meaningless twaddle and long enough back at the club to be delivering a lot better than he is. I think he should have resigned after the Unirea game in acknowledgement of his failure. Better men than him have done it but I guess Rangers are just about soldiering on these days.

TBH, I'm sick of the endless platitudes in the press and on TV from everyone at Ibrox. Talk less Walter, do more. Like the players you mostly brought to the club, you need judge yourself on results and act accordingly.

Walter has had a long time since Tuesday to come up with that meaningless twaddle and long enough back at the club to be delivering a lot better than he is. I think he should have resigned after the Unirea game in acknowledgement of his failure. Better men than him have done it but I guess Rangers are just about soldiering on these days.

cant agree more. Smith should recognise that he is doing more harm than good and for the good of the club walk right out the door while he has some respect left.

"There's a lot of talk that if you play with two forwards and then you're outnumbered in midfield, you should've played with one," said Smith, who led Rangers to the 2008 Uefa Cup final.

"If you play with one, people say you should've played with two.

Disagree with his comments here. There is certain games where you play with one upfront but at home to a small unknown team would have been unthinkable to play one upfront for most fans.

Ok if its Barca or Man U then yes we understand the tactic of packing the midfield - it worked well 2 years ago when we drew with barca at Ibrox.

But sometimes flooding the midfield works the opposite way and players dont get the space or time on the ball they want.

I think the 1 obvious thing about Hibs today is we will play with at least 2 upfront. But he has to as anything other than a win today is unacceptable and would have the fans calling for changes (not that some arent doing that already).