Martin Bain will today be replaced as CEO of Rangers by Scottish Rugby Union chief Gordon McKie.

It appears that the Lloyds Banking Group, who are looking to make further savings across the business, have realised that Bain's exorbitant �£650,000 annual salary is not good value for money, something many supporters have thought for a long time.

It appears Walter Smith's quotes about the bank running the club was just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the upcoming changes at the club.

As we reported earlier, several reliable sources seem certain that current shareholder Dave King will launch a take-over bid as early as this week, with rumours of a meeting between the club and an interested party holding talks on Tuesday doing the rounds.

Keep it on Vital Rangers and the Vital Rangers forums for all the latest information.

http://www.rangers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=516474

My info is that this story couldn't be further from the truth.

Bain is heavily involved with the potential buyers, and will keep his job if the takeover is successful.

The bank also realise that as Bain knows everything about the running of the club, it would be foolish to get rid of him at this time.

I said he wouldn't be replaced yesterday and I still believe he won't be going anywhere in the short-term.

I don't think it's a huge leap to say he'll be replaced if a new owner comes on but that is far from certain at this stage.