I wasn't having a go at your estimate Shroomz, just amazed at the sort of figures baned about by the media regarding this tosser's worth.

I think you nailed it right on though in saying that if an EPL club was stupid enough to want him, it might be possible to get that sort of fee, more likely his only suitors would be in the Championship, and a fee of around �£1-2M, depending on the length of contract remaining at the Piggery.

He could always go "home", for the first time, and play in a league where he might actually look half decent!!

I did say �£3-4m 'tops'. :thup: ...That's probably about right if an EPL club were buying him, but I doubt any of them would want him.

IMO Davis is worth �£5-7m to us depending on who's interested & how desperate we are for cash. If he had stayed down south his value may have been even higher, but unfortunately our ability to sell players for prices as inflated as EPL clubs manage to do is virtually non existent. Hutton's sale was a freak one-off & he's no longer valued as highly. His value's probably about �£4-5m or thereabouts, not �£9m.

Aside from Cuellar, right ? ;)

Aside from Cuellar, right ? ;)

Bit different mate. Cuellar was actually worth what Villa paid for him & there's nothing to say that he isn't still worth that or even more. What we paid initially for him was a total bargain.

Typical lazy journalism.

....Or just a poor attempt at shit-stirring.

....Or a BS story leaked to someone in the press by Mr Muir our man from Lloyds in an attempt to gather interest in Davis ahead of January. :whistle: