Your favourtie poisition for Davis  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourtie poisition for Davis

• Centre Mid
    • Wide Right

If he actually plays well from now till Xmas he's easily worth 5 or 6 million to an EPL club & we'll be sad to see him leave, but he needs to start playing well for everyone's sake including his own.

I was really frustrated with him on Saturday, i think the most annoying thing is that he is capable of being a great player when he gets involved.

Countless times on Saturday he was hiding, we were going forward and both him and McCulloch were sitting back in the holding midfield position, Davis just dosent seem to want to get involved in the game enough for me which is a pity because i really rate him when hes on his game.

If there is an option for "sold to the highest bidder in January", I am getting more inclined to vote for it.

Davis main weakness is his inconsistency. I said it when he was here on loan, and said it all last season, and here we are again.

Some players can perform to a certain level most weeks, with the odd game being above that level, and the odd game being below that level. The problem with Davis is that his level is not comparable to his ability, and that his "normal" level is where his below average level should be.

I think we can all see that on top form he is a very good midfield player, with good vision, a good engine, and can create chances. This form only appears around 10 times a season, which may be good enough for Fulham, but is certainly not good enough for Rangers.

I have been waiting patiently for him to come good. I was told when he was on loan that once he is signed for good he will settle down, then it was he was being played too often out of position, then his mothers death, then niggling injury, then out of position again, then too many changes in who he was playing beside, then too much being placed on him.

As far as I am concerned, now nearly two full years into his Rangers career, there are no more excuses, and the truth is his a frustratingly inconsistent player that we cannot rely upon to perform when we need him most, as we dont know if we are going to be graced with one of his better performances, that we should see as only his average performances anyway, and even rarer, a great performance.

For �£3.5M and �£25Kpw, he is now a luxury we cannot afford, so he either steps up to the plate between now and the opening of the window, or I would have no hesitation in accepting a bid of around what we paid for him.