Celtic's reputation grows and spreads

It's amazing what you find to read these days. This from the Spectator where the worthy Rod Liddle spreads the thruth as always.........who's in the spotlight now bhoys?

To you Celtic Football Club, I say: Never!

Rod LiddleTuesday, 10th November 2009

Celtic supporters sung Irish ââ?¬Å?rebelââ?¬Â songs during the one minuteââ?¬â?¢s Remembrance Day silence before the kick off of their game at Falkirk. Even more Celtic fans waited outside the turnstiles so that they would not have to take part in the commemoration. What an unspeakably foul club it is, bigoted and filled with sectarian hatred. And yet the only Glasgow club which ever gets punished for fuelling sectarian hatred is its rival, Rangers. It is not so long ago that FIFA decided that Rangers supporters were racist bigots for singing their fatuous, hate-filled tales about the Battle of the Boyne etc, while Celticââ?¬â?¢s supporters were merely reveling in a noble folk song tradition while singing their fatuous hate filled tales about how good the IRA are.

Celtic wish to join the Premier League ââ?¬â?? ie the league of the historic Bruddush uppressor. Thatââ?¬â?¢s because theyââ?¬â?¢d make a lot more money from finishing fourteenth (at best) in the Premier League than finishing first or second in Scotland. We should never let them do so. Let them have the courage of their convictions and join the League of Ireland where, in their exciting games against Sligo Rovers and Shelbourne, they will never be asked to observe a minuteââ?¬â?¢s silence to commemorate those who fought against totalitarianism. Incidentally, Celtic could only draw with the bottom club, Falkirk. Mr De Valera, your bhoys are useless.

For years now you've had to go south of the border for impartial reporting on Rangers and the Old Firm.

England get Henry Winter and Richard Keys, we get Graham Spiers and Andy Walker.

OK, England might be a far bigger country, but the gulf in quality and integrity in the respective sports journalism industries is alarming and has been for some time.

What paper does that guy write for ?

wasnt a word about it in the Sun , Sweep Sweep makes me sick

think the Record mentioned it.

I believe, although I've not seen it, that Traynor slaughtered them in the Record today. As for the Sun, it should never be read .... by anyone .... ever.

By the same guy :giruy:

Home from home for Celtic

What a marvellous gesture from the supporters of Hamburg. When the Celtic fans arrived for their Europa Cup game last week they discovered that the Germans had gone to the most extraordinary lengths to make them feel at home. First, in a terrific feat of choreography, the supporters in one stand used coloured cards to depict a giant Union flag facing the travelling fans.

How reassuring it must have been to arrive in a strange, foreign land and then suddenly to see your beloved nation’s flag. And as if that wasn’t enough, the Germans had brought with them a huge banner with a stirring message written in perfect English: “No Surrender!” It would have been even better if several thousand of them had mastered a simple tune — perhaps one commemorating the followers of a former British monarch with Dutch connections — on the tin whistle in time for the game, but it seems churlish to complain when they went to so much effort. Even the local vandals got in on the act, spray painting a wall near the away end turnstiles with the legend: “Welcome to Protestant Hamburg!” I think that was a nice touch. Very thoughtful.

I have to say, Rangers must feel a bit worried this morning. You don’t expect them to actually win the Champions League, or even progress out of the group stage, but to be given a lesson in bigotry on the terraces by the real Huns, and with such style! Hamburg’s affection for sectarian hatred, incidentally, is largely a reaction to their city rivals, FC St Pauli, whose fans have been known to wave pro-IRA flags and a delegation of whom attended the previous fixture in Glasgow, which Celtic also failed to win.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/rod_liddle/article6907856.ece

Edited by chilledbear

A refreshing read , so much better than the bullshit we need to put up with in Scotland

Cant believe that baw bag Bill Leckie dedicated his full page to our trouble in Bucharest

rather than condem the Scum for their shocking display on Sunday at Falkirk an absolute Rangers hating Tim apoligist arsehole.

Edited by DJBlue72

Two fantastic reads.

It just goes to show how parochial we are in Scotland when it comes to "sectarian" issues.

We are brainwashed by our papish media and government to think we are evil etc. by only respecting and celebrating our history, unlike the Germans who are proud to display it without impunity.

No-one gives a flying feck about "sectarianism" outside Scotland with the east end of Glasgow being the epicentre.

What paper does that guy write for ?

wasnt a word about it in the Sun , Sweep Sweep makes me sick

think the Record mentioned it.

to give him his due traynor gave it good coverage but the sun turned a blind eye. as you say, sweep sweep.

Highly enjoyable stuff.

Liddle's old man was an uber-Prod, apparently, and he fairly often has a go at Timothy.

I doubt he cares much for Scotland or Scottish football, but I do enjoy his putting the boot into 'them' now and again. Or I did until The Sunday Times spoiled my weekends by carrying Graham Spiers boring column...I had to stop buying it then.