It's your choice re Seville tickets, what do you do?

If you were in charge of Seville tickets, what would you do?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If you were in charge of Seville tickets, what would you do?

• Refuse all tickets
    • Thomas Cook only, with restrictions
    • Ticket distribution 2 hours before KO
    • Usual arrangements
    • Other option (please give details)

Absolutely no way should we refuse tickets.

Doing that suggests we have no idea how to fix the problem we have while laying the blame solely at our support. In actual fact there are various ways in which we can do this - some included above, some not.

The club need to work with individual fans like yourself, fan groups, the police, the foreign office and opposition clubs to determine possible issues and resolve them before we travel. I didn't want to bore people with individual suggestions but since you ask here is my tuppence worth. There is no reason this can't be organised before the Seville match next month.

I believe Rangers FC send advance parties of their own security staff to such venues. Why does it take until after games before the obvious failures in the facilities are highlighted? This should be done beforehand and, if necessary, restrictions placed upon how many tickets we accept. RSC and travel club members should have representatives put in place on this advance party and these people should form part of the security team at the game.

During the match period itself, the club also have to be proactive. They must send their own security staff to travel with the away supporters to quickly identify possible issues in situ. Communication is key in that regard. I'm not saying some fans need to be arrested or split up from others but communicated with early to let them know the problems that may arise. If they ignore that advice, be it on their own head.

At the ground, further staff need to be present to ensure the safe entrance of fans into the stadium while also being available in the aisles for questions/concerns during the game. High vis jackets can be used of a differing colour to stewards. These people can be first point of contacts in the event of issues that arise. I'm sure various fans who regularly travel wouldn't mind volunteering for such a task on a rotation basis. Similarly, these people can give out info from the club/security/UEFA if/when required. A two-way system of information gathering and communication is vital.

The same methods can be used for ensuring the supporters leave the stadium and country in an orderly fashion. After match meetings can then be organised in Scotland to find out what worked well and what didn't before reports are sent to everyone in the travel club and every RSC.

While not perfect, I suggest all the above can be done easily enough if the club and supporters really want to fix this problem. Dialogue is needed, respect given and official help offered.

Agree with you but these things take time to organise so i would prefer we did not take tickets until everything is in place

If we refuse the tickets its shows that we believe that we are guilty and cant be trusted away from home

and if we refuse them , will we refuse all future away games too ?

We are good fans and dont deserve to miss out because of a few numpties

whoever travels just has to avoid any confrentation with the Gurdia Seville as we all know what they are like

and will probably strike at the drop of a hat but we will get all the blame going.

So for me Yes for Tickets as the team will need the support from the stands.

Well in that case you either hunt down the 1% and shoot them like dogs or you continue to take your chances and accept the penalties when they come along. I'm not sure I see the point of a football club that takes steps to prevent its followers from attending games, especially when it knows the only ones who won't go will be the well-behaved ones and the hoodlums will be there anyway. It' about as pointless as gun control.

The fact is you either exclude the trouble makers (and that's extremely difficult to do without police intervention, passport withdrawal, etc) or you do what you can to educate and take the punishment when it comes. There's no magic bullet and self-denial might pander to some but it won't cure the problem.

What the club and UEFA might want to do is take seriously the conditions at certain stadia and the conduct of police and security stewards. Maybe Rangers might want to be the ones who refuse to take the field if agreed facilities and arrangements aren't delivered.

Like everyone else, I really don't know the answer.

The problem is, we can certainly accept the financial penalties that come along with minor disturbances once every few years, and can continue to point out the numbers involved in Rangers travelling to other places in Europe is probably consistently larger than any other club in Europe, but UEFA do not see it that way.

None of us know the solution to the dilemma, but someone (Bain) at the club has to make a decision, after carefully looking at the possible actions and reactions to whatever solution is put in place. We are all very good at having a go at those running the club when they make decisions (myself right up there I know), but this is one decision most of us dont envy him having to make, and he has to make it quickly.

My educated guess is that UEFA are going to issue a fine and last warning to us tomorrow, that last warning being any more crowd unrest from us and we are out of competitions. As so much of our entire budget is made up of European income, a season without European income is financially disastrous, so we certainly cannot go on hoping to avoid trouble, and wishing we could get rid of that small number who cannot turn the other cheek when provoked.

After Osasuna I'm really worried about this one. The Spanish polis are ruthless and act without provocation. By now our reputation precedes us and as such they will be waiting for us. We are on our last warning and I predict that someone is going get a baton to the head for not walking in single file etc. That is more than provocation, that is starting a fight and that is what these cnuts love to do. I fear for us. However I agree with Frankie that there is no way we can refuse tickets.